Poll: MLers' pick for kit of the year

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Poll: MLers' pick for kit of the year

December 19th, 2011, 4:56 pm #1

Hello all!

With the year 2011 drawing to a close, I thought it might be fun to see what you think is THE plastic kit of the year.

I know you'll probably find it hard to pick just one, but if you had to, which would it be?

My personal pick:

AFV Club's LVT-4

Cheers!

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. (Bullet Tooth Tony)

December 19th, 2011, 5:09 pm #2

M1070 Super HETS from Hobby Boss

December 19th, 2011, 5:46 pm #3

Hello all!

With the year 2011 drawing to a close, I thought it might be fun to see what you think is THE plastic kit of the year.

I know you'll probably find it hard to pick just one, but if you had to, which would it be?

My personal pick:

AFV Club's LVT-4

Cheers!

Chicoutimi QC
Canada

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. (Bullet Tooth Tony)
Almost completed to boot! and if I can get 3 or 4 hours, the Italeri M-32 ARV will be my kit of the year because it will be finished, after 5+ years on the Shelf of Shame!

Now to your actual point: Tasca's 'Easy 8' Sherman. Manna for us Korea guys.

December 19th, 2011, 6:12 pm #4

Sure it isn't perfect (the tires on both versions suck or are incorrect) but Hobby Boss answered the modeller's way too long wish for a decent kit of the M3A1 scout car available in two versions. I hope this kit fills many a void amongst modellers as it was used in the Post War area as well, and takes the place of yet another Jeep as the secondary model in many a diorama. Hobby Boss surprised a heck of a lot of people by releasing a good quality kit of a subject that should have been re-kitted long ago.

December 19th, 2011, 6:15 pm #5

and is good for WW2, postwar, great powers and developing world subject modelers alike.

December 19th, 2011, 6:36 pm #6

Hello all!

My personal pick:

AFV Club's LVT-4

Cheers!

Chicoutimi QC
Canada

Well,the Bronco Archer is my kit off the year.
That one was way over due.As was the 17pdr.

cheers, Tom

December 19th, 2011, 7:22 pm #7

Hello all!

My personal pick:

AFV Club's LVT-4

Cheers!

Chicoutimi QC
Canada

A bit subjective as it's been a bumper year for new kits. My personal favourite (and a long time coming) is the kit I picked up today from my local model shop (yes, they still exist), Soviet and reasonably modern, but with wheels. The BTR60 PB is a little beauty. I was blown away when I looked in the box, moulding on a par with the latest Dragon, really fine detail and a keen price. Bought two of them, plus the 88 Krupp/Ardelt Waffentrager and a Challenger 2 EA, another surprise as it has the complete dozen sprue in there too.

Second place must be AFV Club's LVT-4. Right up my street! And such a great rendering of this vehicle, almost perfect. These are hard choices to make as there's some really really good stuff out there.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

December 19th, 2011, 7:39 pm #8

Hello all!

My personal pick:

AFV Club's LVT-4

Cheers!

Chicoutimi QC
Canada

At least for the content of the boxes and first look, as a I had not the time to build any one of these...

December 19th, 2011, 9:14 pm #9

Hello all!

My personal pick:

AFV Club's LVT-4

Cheers!

Chicoutimi QC
Canada

...because I don't understand it.

What are the criteria?

December 19th, 2011, 9:46 pm #10

A bit subjective as it's been a bumper year for new kits. My personal favourite (and a long time coming) is the kit I picked up today from my local model shop (yes, they still exist), Soviet and reasonably modern, but with wheels. The BTR60 PB is a little beauty. I was blown away when I looked in the box, moulding on a par with the latest Dragon, really fine detail and a keen price. Bought two of them, plus the 88 Krupp/Ardelt Waffentrager and a Challenger 2 EA, another surprise as it has the complete dozen sprue in there too.

Second place must be AFV Club's LVT-4. Right up my street! And such a great rendering of this vehicle, almost perfect. These are hard choices to make as there's some really really good stuff out there.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby
Hopefully my ordered one will be on its way soon then. Meanwhile must bash on with the KV-1 before IO get distracted again....

Rob
There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps