Poland 1944 diorama online

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Poland 1944 diorama online

Alain Bervoets
Alain Bervoets

April 22nd, 2004, 6:47 am #1

Morning to all,

I'm glad to announce that one of my diorama is online on www.armorama.com in the OnLine Features.
It's called 'Poland Spring 1944'.

If you wish, I 'd be happy to hear your comments.

Have a good day,

Alain
Brussels

James Higgins
James Higgins

April 22nd, 2004, 8:38 am #2

Well done. The telephone pole adds an interesting detail to the diorama. How do you make the gravel strip in the middle of the road that makes it look as if vehicles have been driving on it?

Cheers,

James

Alain Bervoets
Alain Bervoets

April 23rd, 2004, 6:48 am #3

I think that a visit at my internet site will help.

http://home.tiscali.be/alainbervoets/index.html

Go to the modelling page and choose Poland
I have some construction pics of the road.

Hope you find your way.

Alain
Brussels

Jonathan Gibson
Jonathan Gibson

April 27th, 2004, 2:56 pm #4

Morning to all,

I'm glad to announce that one of my diorama is online on www.armorama.com in the OnLine Features.
It's called 'Poland Spring 1944'.

If you wish, I 'd be happy to hear your comments.

Have a good day,

Alain
Brussels
I like the tight composition of the diorama- the tight placement increases the sense of urgency and keeps the eyes moving.

I do have a couple questions regarding the diorama, however. First, should not the title be _Poland, Summer 1944_? If I remember the history of Operation Bagration correctly, Russian forces did not cross the Polish border until the Summer of 1944 during that operation.

Second, what model of PzKW III is that? My documentation shows that the Germans were only deploying PzKW III Ms and Ns during the Spring/Summer of 1944 on the Eastern Front, and those were even very rare.

Alain Bervoets
Alain Bervoets

April 30th, 2004, 12:38 pm #5

This is certainly not fully historically correct.

This dio was done half a year ago, and this was not my main target to be fully correct.

Apologies for the purist. Thanks for the excellent explanation of you.

Regards,

Alain
Brussels