Pillbox update.

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Pillbox update.

July 8th, 2012, 4:39 pm #1

Going on a slightly different course with this one now. It was going to be a school trip but i found that was going to be a heck of a lot more work and i would have to scratch a lot of figures to pull of a convincing story. i have decided to change it to a holiday for the whole family with grandad showing the generations where he fought as a lad. I need to convert most figures but i think i would be able to pull that off.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

July 8th, 2012, 4:45 pm #2

Oh by the way, granddad will be dressed in full veteran clothing with medals and beret.

July 8th, 2012, 6:02 pm #3

.....that is a photo from a real garden with some 1/1 manikins painted as plastic figures!!!
What can I say? FANTASTIC, this is one of the most realistic diorama/vignette I ever seen.

Bravissimo!
Gaetano

July 8th, 2012, 6:58 pm #4

Oh by the way, granddad will be dressed in full veteran clothing with medals and beret.
Thats it , you nailed it Andy. It's a great idea.
Regard's. Dave.

July 8th, 2012, 7:10 pm #5

.....that is a photo from a real garden with some 1/1 manikins painted as plastic figures!!!
What can I say? FANTASTIC, this is one of the most realistic diorama/vignette I ever seen.

Bravissimo!
Gaetano
Thankyou Gaetano

July 8th, 2012, 7:10 pm #6

Thats it , you nailed it Andy. It's a great idea.
Regard's. Dave.
thanks Dave

July 8th, 2012, 7:20 pm #7

Going on a slightly different course with this one now. It was going to be a school trip but i found that was going to be a heck of a lot more work and i would have to scratch a lot of figures to pull of a convincing story. i have decided to change it to a holiday for the whole family with grandad showing the generations where he fought as a lad. I need to convert most figures but i think i would be able to pull that off.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Hello Andy,

best dio I have ever seen. Especially your picture with the real background melting with your dio.
I really cannot say, where the dio ends and the background begins or vice versa.
Great art!!!!

Rergards
Gert

July 8th, 2012, 7:49 pm #8

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Great compostion and choice of figures. Its that good that I almost want to be there myself listening to the old guy telling his story. Marvellous. Well done !!

July 8th, 2012, 8:20 pm #9

Hello Andy,

best dio I have ever seen. Especially your picture with the real background melting with your dio.
I really cannot say, where the dio ends and the background begins or vice versa.
Great art!!!!

Rergards
Gert
Thankyou very much.

July 8th, 2012, 8:25 pm #10

Great compostion and choice of figures. Its that good that I almost want to be there myself listening to the old guy telling his story. Marvellous. Well done !!
Steve thanks mate for the kind words. A lot has gone into this and i have enjoyed every minute. Still enjoying it.Just hope i can paint up the figs well when i have converted them?