Picked up a CRIEL 1:35 Carro Ansaldo Fiat L6 / 40 on ebay - how is the quality of this kit

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Picked up a CRIEL 1:35 Carro Ansaldo Fiat L6 / 40 on ebay - how is the quality of this kit

May 9th, 2012, 7:08 pm #1

Hi Gang:

Snagged a CRIEL 1:35 Carro Ansaldo Fiat L6/40 on ebay for what I think is an amazing price of $28.95 - I was shocked when I won. Anyone know the quality of this kit and how it compares to the Model Victoria version.

I could not resist at this price.

Tony M
http://www.scalemodelindex.com

May 9th, 2012, 10:17 pm #2

I had one several years ago and it was very rough to say the least. I think it was mastered and produced in the 80s.

Roy

May 9th, 2012, 10:26 pm #3

I'll look it over closely when I get it. I see other vendors have it listed for $100+

If it's a dog, I just repost on ebay.

Thanks Roy,

tony m

May 10th, 2012, 12:23 am #4

and you might get a good kit. If I remember correctly, mine was full of air bubbles and had lots of those little (and not so little) resin balls everywhere.

Roy

May 10th, 2012, 12:25 am #5

Hi Gang:

Snagged a CRIEL 1:35 Carro Ansaldo Fiat L6/40 on ebay for what I think is an amazing price of $28.95 - I was shocked when I won. Anyone know the quality of this kit and how it compares to the Model Victoria version.

I could not resist at this price.

Tony M
http://www.scalemodelindex.com
I have 4 Criel kits and they are ok at best..the resin is very brittle and the casting had air holes..the fit is ok, but I would build plastic over resin...good luck...

May 10th, 2012, 7:26 pm #6

Undersized, parts don't really fit, resin stinks and it's brittle as hell, cutting fine parts off the plugs was a nightmare and usually ended up with breakage-other than those items the kits a gem:)

May 10th, 2012, 10:25 pm #7

Tony,

For a long time Criel was the only company producing a 1/35 scale model of the L-6 - years before Model Victoria or Italeri`s versions of this tank appeared, their resin kits weren`t perfect but were quite accurate and well detailed as well as being easily buildable with a bit of TLC ( just take a look at Steve Zaloga`s P-40 tank in the gallery - it`s a Criel kit ) over the last twenty years Criel & Historica ( both now sadly gone ) put Italian AFV`s on the map and proved to Italeri that there WAS a market for Italian subjects in 1/35 scale and italeri have reaped the benefits by taking Criel & Historica`s slice of the market with their own cheaper plastic versions of the Sahariana,Metropolitana,AB-40-43,P-40,L-6 etc , these resin artisan companies led the way for decades when it came to Italian AFV`s - and then along comes Italeri after a 30 odd year hiatus since their release of their M-41 tank and Semovente way back in the seventies to take advantage of the market that Criel & Historica had created - enjoy making your kit Tony I don`t think you`ll be dissapointed with the end result !

http://missing-lynx.com/gallery/axis/fi ... iyama.html

May 11th, 2012, 2:14 am #8

I have the neat little OM25, the Trattore Spa37 Celerflex, and the L3/38 with the attractive newer suspension that I doubt Bronco will ever do. I also have the little trailer thingy the L3 can sit on. The resin does have a particular smell to it doesn't it?

Cheers,
Roy

May 11th, 2012, 11:18 pm #9

Undersized, parts don't really fit, resin stinks and it's brittle as hell, cutting fine parts off the plugs was a nightmare and usually ended up with breakage-other than those items the kits a gem:)
made me smile thinking of our late buddy

Tony nM