Photo etch site grumble....

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Photo etch site grumble....

July 4th, 2012, 1:19 am #1

I am looking at various photo etch sets, but the manufacturer doesn't make it easy to determine what is in which set as they show all available sets on the one model, so I don't know what set contains what parts.
Anyone else share this gripe?
Shane

Just enough knowledge to be dangerous, but not enough to help anyone.

July 4th, 2012, 4:38 am #2

If not go to the product page and there is a thumbnail that shows the components for the set. An example:http://www.voyagermodel.com/productdeta ... id=PE35415
Outta here, Mike sends . . .

July 4th, 2012, 5:29 am #3

I am looking at various photo etch sets, but the manufacturer doesn't make it easy to determine what is in which set as they show all available sets on the one model, so I don't know what set contains what parts.
Shane

And I wish I hadn't....cos it went and listed a whole load of other sets too.

I agree with Shane.
Least with Aber you know when it says basic it's going to be basic.

Jon

July 4th, 2012, 4:37 pm #4

Shane

I have trouble with this too. I think its positively misleading and a little naughty to say the least

And a thumbnail of the frets doesn't help except with the largest and most obvious parts. Parts look very different on a fret in a thumbnail to how they look on the model

July 4th, 2012, 7:11 pm #5

If not go to the product page and there is a thumbnail that shows the components for the set. An example:http://www.voyagermodel.com/productdeta ... id=PE35415
Ive tried several times over the past few years to contact Voyager by using all the methods they provided on their site. I always get a Mailer Daemon return email, saying undeliverable.

July 5th, 2012, 2:20 am #6

You still can't always work it out!!
I wish they would simply show each set individually, rather than every option on one kit at once, especially as some cross over.
Shane

July 5th, 2012, 2:21 am #7

I have trouble with this too. I think its positively misleading and a little naughty to say the least

And a thumbnail of the frets doesn't help except with the largest and most obvious parts. Parts look very different on a fret in a thumbnail to how they look on the model
n/t

July 5th, 2012, 2:23 pm #8

Shane

There are reviews of Voyager products on Armorama, PMMS and Tank & Things. Perhaps contact Terry Ashley, Jim Starkweather or Jenny Croft and see whom at Voyager Model provides them with review samples? Then contact their contact?