Photo etch mesh

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Photo etch mesh

July 8th, 2011, 2:10 am #1

Ok, I am sure there are a myriad of photo etch mesh...but do ya think I can remember who has it?? Can anyone point me in the direction of some diamond photoetch mesh please!
Shane

July 8th, 2011, 6:13 am #2

July 8th, 2011, 10:10 am #3

Ok, I am sure there are a myriad of photo etch mesh...but do ya think I can remember who has it?? Can anyone point me in the direction of some diamond photoetch mesh please!
Shane
Accurate Armour (excellent quality, I've used this set on some models) :

http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProd ... roduct=360

For Eduard, go to their website and search for "mesh", they have some references for "Mesh - gauze/rhomb type" that might fit your criteria.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Christophe

July 8th, 2011, 3:09 pm #4

Shane
Hi
I asked about mesh on the Modern AFV group and was advised to go for Aber which I recieved today. It's nice but you only get just over 75mm by 42mm (or around) for about £5.
I found little info about the Eduard sets so not sure how much you get or how to distinguish between the sets as well as Aber's website let's you.

I nearly bought the Accurate Armour sheet but the postage seemed high so was put off. Looking back on it it might be more cost effective than the Aber sets, but there is less choice in style/size.

Hope that helps

Owen

July 8th, 2011, 6:22 pm #5

Shane
Hi
Often used at Xmas, comes in many differing patterns. Some Florists or garden centres have it too.

Cheers
Andrew

July 9th, 2011, 7:05 am #6

Shane
Thank you for the replies, I appreciate them.
I found some screen door mesh, yeah, its not diamond, but I will make it work, especially as it was the right price......free!!
Shane

July 9th, 2011, 8:13 am #7

Hi Shane,

Voyager do some nice mesh and tread plate sets too

Glen

Glen Burns

Creative Models Australia
glen@creativemodels.com.au
www.creativemodels.com.au