Panzer IV H Early 4th Pzr Div

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Panzer IV H Early 4th Pzr Div

October 19th, 2011, 1:28 am #1

Been working on this for over a year now but i'm finally ready to call it done. Want to thank everyone that's helped me out with the technical aspects of this build. I had to ask lots of questions and everyone was always happy to help me out. You may remember when I first posted it but it's a mix of the Dragon G and late H kits with lots of aftermarket parts from griffon, orange, friul, etc.... used echelon decals for the markings.
Before primer....

Base coat....

Camo.... pattern typical of the 4th... it's kinda ugly but i dig it....

Finished product....

Again, thanks for eveyone's input, love to hear your opinions.

As some have said, my pics are too dark because i didn't set the white balance properly. Here suppose i should take new ones but it's such a pain. sorry here's one to give you a little better idea of the colors.

Last edited by chadperkins on October 19th, 2011, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 19th, 2011, 3:09 am #2

Chad,

That is one great Panzer IV! I love it.

Congratulations on a beautiful model.

Regards,

Tom
Tom Cockle

October 19th, 2011, 3:20 am #3

Been working on this for over a year now but i'm finally ready to call it done. Want to thank everyone that's helped me out with the technical aspects of this build. I had to ask lots of questions and everyone was always happy to help me out. You may remember when I first posted it but it's a mix of the Dragon G and late H kits with lots of aftermarket parts from griffon, orange, friul, etc.... used echelon decals for the markings.
Before primer....

Base coat....

Finished product....

As some have said, my pics are too dark because i didn't set the white balance properly. Here suppose i should take new ones but it's such a pain. sorry here's one to give you a little better idea of the colors.

long time coming .....but its done well done all the hard work it certainly has paid off...my hat goes off to you....

October 19th, 2011, 5:52 am #4

Before primer....

Base coat....

Finished product....

Yellowish hue...

You should correct this with photo editing software or take new pics, the current ones really don't do justice to such a magnificent model.

Cheers,

Christophe

October 19th, 2011, 11:20 am #5

Before primer....

Base coat....

Finished product....

Thanks

Doug Kinder
"We rock at dawn on the front line
Like a bolt right out of the blue"
AC/DC

October 19th, 2011, 12:43 pm #6

Chad,

That is one great Panzer IV! I love it.

Congratulations on a beautiful model.

Regards,

Tom
thanks tom and thanks for your assistance along the way.

October 19th, 2011, 12:44 pm #7

Yellowish hue...

You should correct this with photo editing software or take new pics, the current ones really don't do justice to such a magnificent model.

Cheers,

Christophe
yea i took these with the wrong white balance setting and had to correct it so they are not the greatest pics i'll admit but i was too lazy to do it all over again

October 19th, 2011, 12:52 pm #8

Thanks

Doug Kinder
"We rock at dawn on the front line
Like a bolt right out of the blue"
AC/DC
I did a build log at Planet Armor if you want to see it. zimmerit was made with tamiya two part epoxy putty using the tamiya rake tools.

http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7075

October 19th, 2011, 4:15 pm #9

Before primer....

Base coat....

Finished product....

but pics are to dark .Anyway you do a great job on the model .I like the damage on the fender with Boschlight that look very realistic .The camostripes are very unusual but look very nice .You could be proud of your work and it was worth all the time you invested .

greetings Detlev

http://panzer-modell.de.tl/
Last edited by Detlev Kaczmarek on October 19th, 2011, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 19th, 2011, 4:24 pm #10

....just wow. Good to see you finaly finished this one Chad. It really is a beauty!!

Paul.