Panzer IV base painted

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Panzer IV base painted

January 25th, 2009, 1:43 am #1

Sorry I have bad lighting, but here's a glimpse of my next project to finish. Build started last year

It has the Voyager zimmerit PE set.

January 25th, 2009, 6:23 am #2

HI Greg, was the PE hard to put on?
I knew I should have asked for a Pz1V for xmas...:)Very nice start, love it.Zimmerit looks terrific.
All the best, Paul

January 25th, 2009, 7:08 am #3

Hi Paul,
Some PE parts are harder than others, so I don't use them all. I only use superglue which barely holds it together

I have a panzer III waiting for paint too

Boy your wife is very supportive of your hobby - just don't go overboard and spoil it! You have some nice kits to work on. My wife and I decided a shed in the backyard would keep me out of trouble, or give me a place to go when I'm in trouble! doghouse

January 25th, 2009, 7:20 am #4

and the money chipped in from the whole family.
The only other time I may get something thoughout the year is if I swap it for a new release etc.
Otherwise it'd never happen.We have important things to do also around the house, and have 2 kids also, so that's where the money goes.
And I'm totally happy with that.
All the best, Paul.

January 25th, 2009, 12:21 pm #5

Hi Paul,
Some PE parts are harder than others, so I don't use them all. I only use superglue which barely holds it together

Boy your wife is very supportive of your hobby - just don't go overboard and spoil it! You have some nice kits to work on. My wife and I decided a shed in the backyard would keep me out of trouble, or give me a place to go when I'm in trouble! doghouse
Hi Greg , very nice start to your Pz IV. You have a lovely satin coat of dunkel gelb from which to work on. Are you going to do some lighter dunkel on the turret roof and horizontal panels?

What cammo scheme do you have in mind?

Looking great and waiting for the next installment

Best

Paul

January 26th, 2009, 3:32 pm #6

Hello Paul, I am going to try to follow the Mig DVD although my aitbrush abilities are not too good. I'm still looking for a good camo or maybe none at all. I will probably add some panzer or T-34 tracks to the front 3-hatch glacious as I discovered this area usually had zimmerit too. Thanks, Greg

January 26th, 2009, 3:32 pm #7

Hi Greg , very nice start to your Pz IV. You have a lovely satin coat of dunkel gelb from which to work on. Are you going to do some lighter dunkel on the turret roof and horizontal panels?

What cammo scheme do you have in mind?

Looking great and waiting for the next installment

Best

Paul
Hello Paul, I am going to try to follow the Mig DVD although my aitbrush abilities are not too good. I'm still looking for a good camo or maybe none at all. I will probably add some panzer or T-34 tracks to the front 3-hatch glacious as I discovered this area usually had zimmerit too. Thanks, Greg

January 27th, 2009, 1:03 pm #8

Hi Paul,

Hi Greg.
Very nice Zimmerit.
It is very refined work. and very gorgeous in detail.
I like it.
congrats.

mabo