Panther D 745, 7./Pz.Abt.52, Kursk

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Panther D 745, 7./Pz.Abt.52, Kursk

June 12th, 2012, 12:47 am #1

This is the Panther D premium edition from Dragon, finished OOB. I tried to depict Panther D 745, from 7./Pz.Abt.52 as it would look before its capture by the Russians. Having found a couple of photos in Polish magazine, showing it at the time of its capture and later at the display in Gorky Park in 1943, I decided that this particular vehicle would look nice next to my Tiger I and Ferdinand.

It was painted by Tamiya acrylics (thinned by Tamiya's lacquer thinner). All detail painting was done by Vallejo. Weathered by Mig and AK products.

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

June 12th, 2012, 2:56 am #2

It doesn't look like it came from a scrap yard. Nice subtle weathering and not alot of paint chips, etc. A couple things though... The interior wouldn't be pure white. Maybe filter it to a off white. The road wheels would wear on the tracks and I don't think the outer face of the track guide horns rubbed to a shine. Nice looking Panther. PK

June 12th, 2012, 7:13 am #3

This is the Panther D premium edition from Dragon, finished OOB. I tried to depict Panther D 745, from 7./Pz.Abt.52 as it would look before its capture by the Russians. Having found a couple of photos in Polish magazine, showing it at the time of its capture and later at the display in Gorky Park in 1943, I decided that this particular vehicle would look nice next to my Tiger I and Ferdinand.

It was painted by Tamiya acrylics (thinned by Tamiya's lacquer thinner). All detail painting was done by Vallejo. Weathered by Mig and AK products.

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]
AFV Modelling from Turkey
http://www.plasticbattle.com

June 12th, 2012, 11:59 am #4

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]
realy nice i like the weathering i research some pics and some realy new panthers got silver trackteeth .Got job on this model.

greetings Detlev

http://panzer-modell.de.tl/

June 12th, 2012, 1:55 pm #5

It doesn't look like it came from a scrap yard. Nice subtle weathering and not alot of paint chips, etc. A couple things though... The interior wouldn't be pure white. Maybe filter it to a off white. The road wheels would wear on the tracks and I don't think the outer face of the track guide horns rubbed to a shine. Nice looking Panther. PK
I will alter the interior color a bit. I guess a thin coat of filter will do it.

For the road wheels, I definitely need to "season" them a little I had left the outer wheels unattached (but painted) until the very last moment and I simply forgot to do it.

For the guide horns, I remember seeing some photos showing them with some shine. They seem to be in contact with the insides of the driving wheel and rubber insides of the outer road wheels. Maybe I overdid a bit. I definitely will look into it.

Thanks for the comments...

June 12th, 2012, 1:55 pm #6

AFV Modelling from Turkey
http://www.plasticbattle.com
Thanks... Now its your turn for a Panther....

June 12th, 2012, 1:56 pm #7

realy nice i like the weathering i research some pics and some realy new panthers got silver trackteeth .Got job on this model.

greetings Detlev

http://panzer-modell.de.tl/
Thanks Detlev...

June 12th, 2012, 9:52 pm #8

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]
....well done my friend...

http://battletankpower.blogspot.com/

June 13th, 2012, 6:31 am #9

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

It was a great pleasure to follow how you finished this beauty.. Liked it very much. With one word..Olmu abi..

plastic-in-scale.blogspot.com
plastic-in-scale.blogspot.com

June 13th, 2012, 5:18 pm #10

....well done my friend...

http://battletankpower.blogspot.com/
Teºekkürler kardeº...