Panhard VBL, Mali / Sahel french ops.

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Panhard VBL, Mali / Sahel french ops.

February 20th, 2017, 5:16 am #1

hi guys, it's been a very long time since i posted something on ML ... but i got my workbench back, after almost 10 years

after many problems using AK interactive paints, i finally got a basic finish that i was happy with ... won't ever use those paints again !

I had to heavily modify the turret gunner to fit in place (he wasn't supposed to get there), the driver is a kitbash just to be there ... standing figs are from Djiti productions.

the whole composition is based on numerous documentaries i watched on youtube of french spec-ops operations in Mali / Sahel. Most of those ops were aimed to lock the terrorists chain of reappro and finally get rid of the various groups operating in Mali. timeline is around 2014 - 2015.

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

still a lot to do on the vbl, figs and groundwork but it slowly begins to look like something

February 20th, 2017, 8:31 pm #2

... those guys are from French Foreing Legion?.
Ciao
Filippo

February 20th, 2017, 9:03 pm #3

they are from regular troops, the one in sand camo fatigues is from frenc special forces, he will be holding a minimi gun

February 21st, 2017, 3:12 pm #4

hi guys, it's been a very long time since i posted something on ML ... but i got my workbench back, after almost 10 years

after many problems using AK interactive paints, i finally got a basic finish that i was happy with ... won't ever use those paints again !

I had to heavily modify the turret gunner to fit in place (he wasn't supposed to get there), the driver is a kitbash just to be there ... standing figs are from Djiti productions.

the whole composition is based on numerous documentaries i watched on youtube of french spec-ops operations in Mali / Sahel. Most of those ops were aimed to lock the terrorists chain of reappro and finally get rid of the various groups operating in Mali. timeline is around 2014 - 2015.

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

still a lot to do on the vbl, figs and groundwork but it slowly begins to look like something
Nice job on a very unusual vehicle.

February 21st, 2017, 3:59 pm #5

it's appreciated