Painting White Interiors?

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Painting White Interiors?

June 5th, 2006, 12:51 pm #1

Any suggestions on how to paint white interior so it doesnt look "too bright"? I've experimented with a couple different techniques, but haven't found something I'm happy with.
Peter Griffin: Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

June 5th, 2006, 1:13 pm #2

Is to spray the interior with a dark grey color (or even brown) and then spray the white lightly on top, leaving dark edges around the panels and pieces. For the areas closest to hatches I make the color stronger and more solid, but for the far away areas, I keep it darker so they just sort of fade into the darkness. Also I never use pure white, but save that for a few choice highlights or drybrushing.
DAVID NICKELS

June 6th, 2006, 5:30 pm #3

Any suggestions on how to paint white interior so it doesnt look "too bright"? I've experimented with a couple different techniques, but haven't found something I'm happy with.
Model white is too bright, add a small part of light grey and cream, just a touch. With black which is too intense, a touch of dark grey does the trick. I found the enamal Revell 9 is just right as black.