Pacific GB ---> Type 91 Broad Gauge Railroad Tractor --->camouflage question, please

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Pacific GB ---> Type 91 Broad Gauge Railroad Tractor --->camouflage question, please

November 2nd, 2009, 6:07 pm #1

Gentlemen:

I'm building a 1/48 Gaso.line Type 91 Broad Gauge Railroad Tractor for the 1/48 forum Pacific GB and need some advice in painting it.
I'm workin in a small vignette:

After searching the web, I found some interesting photos and choose this one as reference:

Made some small modifications in the front and in the rear to match the reference photo:

And now I'm about to start painting it (3 color camouflage) and have some questions:

--> Soft or hard borders?
--> What color should be the base color?
--> correct mix for Tamyia acrilics?

Tank you very much!

Hilton Oliveira

November 2nd, 2009, 6:15 pm #2

Hilton,

I can't tell you what colors etc. to use, but wanted to tell you that this scene looks to be very unique.

You definately have an eye for creating little scenes.

Love it so far.

Phil

November 2nd, 2009, 9:21 pm #3

Gentlemen:

I'm building a 1/48 Gaso.line Type 91 Broad Gauge Railroad Tractor for the 1/48 forum Pacific GB and need some advice in painting it.

After searching the web, I found some interesting photos and choose this one as reference:

Made some small modifications in the front and in the rear to match the reference photo:

And now I'm about to start painting it (3 color camouflage) and have some questions:

Tank you very much!

Hilton Oliveira

what is the right way for camo and colours. But sure is, I want to see it painted
Very cool subject, great choice Hilton.

cheers Erik

November 2nd, 2009, 9:22 pm #4

Gentlemen:

Tank you very much!

Hilton Oliveira

what is the right way for camo and colours. But sure is, I want to see it painted
Very cool subject, great choice Hilton.

cheers Erik

November 3rd, 2009, 12:26 pm #5

Gentlemen:

Tank you very much!

Hilton Oliveira

Hi Hilton!

Wow, that's just great! I love the work you did to this one. Also the diorama start is wonderful!

For the colours (hardedged, I think), have a look at this link. The mixes, I'm afraid, are only in Humbrols. Maybe you have a conversion chart? Anyway, in the dusty plains of China, I suppose most of the Tractor will be... well... dusty.

http://matadormodels.co.uk/tank_museum/ ... 2japan.htm

As for the camo scheme, I will send you by mail a rather good profile, as well as a couple of pics you possibly have not found on the net.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this beauty!

Cheers,
Peter

November 3rd, 2009, 1:36 pm #6

I'm finishing a model for Hanomania by now, later this week I will paint the "So-Mo".
As I understood in the article linked in your post, it will be dark green overall, with brown and sand, hard edges.
Please send me the e-mail with some more info.
Tanks a lot, Hilton.

November 3rd, 2009, 4:11 pm #7

Gentlemen:

Tank you very much!

Hilton Oliveira

Hilton,

Excellent work ont he So-Mo so far! You well know I love the subject and how you are going to display it, so please do nto makes us wait so long for the paintwork, okay? because this one is one very promising entry for the Pacific GB in my opinion.

Great litte scene amigo.
Lu

November 3rd, 2009, 9:52 pm #8

Gentlemen:

Tank you very much!

Hilton Oliveira

You have done a great work here. This must be a winner that like Lu said.

I expect with interest your finished touch

cheers

November 3rd, 2009, 11:39 pm #9

Gentlemen:

Tank you very much!

Hilton Oliveira

hey Hilton

good show, I want to see it finished
I love the model.

xavier