Our 'new' delivery van...

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Our 'new' delivery van...

June 12th, 2012, 8:11 pm #1

...The Zombi-Kombi...We needed something to get the magazines out to subscribers pronto, so we've nailed this together. I've had a '66 VW Kombi sat around for years waiting for restoration so I cut the rotten floors out and welded-up a box section chassis to house the Panther torsion bars and trailing arms we had lying around (as you do) and just enough road wheels. A Panzer II gearbox is mated to a mid-mounted Maybach V12 which has had a full re-build with custom grind cams to suit the intercooled-turbo set up from a Volvo truck

and there's our driver, Reg Dumper- he never sleeps, and nor does the rust

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Mark Neville
AFV Modeller Magazine www.afvmodeller.com
mark@afvmodeller.com

June 12th, 2012, 8:23 pm #2

Arnt the hubbs a bit too shiney!!!!!!!!!

Well done.

Putting fun into modeling.

Anto

June 12th, 2012, 8:35 pm #3

...The Zombi-Kombi...We needed something to get the magazines out to subscribers pronto, so we've nailed this together. I've had a '66 VW Kombi sat around for years waiting for restoration so I cut the rotten floors out and welded-up a box section chassis to house the Panther torsion bars and trailing arms we had lying around (as you do) and just enough road wheels. A Panzer II gearbox is mated to a mid-mounted Maybach V12 which has had a full re-build with custom grind cams to suit the intercooled-turbo set up from a Volvo truck

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Mark Neville
mark@afvmodeller.com
great model

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

June 12th, 2012, 8:53 pm #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Mark Neville
mark@afvmodeller.com
Brilliant!

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

June 12th, 2012, 9:16 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Mark Neville
mark@afvmodeller.com
but I'm really worried that the precious cargo will fall off...

Suggest a rope or two...

Cheers
Andrew

June 12th, 2012, 9:58 pm #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Mark Neville
mark@afvmodeller.com
It certainly grabbed my attention Mark! I love seeing these offbeat and inventive ideas, especially when they're so well finished!

Alex

June 12th, 2012, 10:27 pm #7

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Mark Neville
mark@afvmodeller.com
Mark,

How does she handle, and does local law enforcement get all balled up about running the steel tracks on the pavement.

I would have thought you could have afforded a brand new Golf for what you'd spend on petrol for this jalopy!

Honestly, I like the idea and the kit bash. Reminds me of stuff my brother and I used to do with old kits back in our grade school days. Of course with significantly superior execution!

Fun stuff!
Rob

June 12th, 2012, 10:44 pm #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Mark Neville
mark@afvmodeller.com
love the number plate!!

Cheers,
Paul

June 13th, 2012, 12:49 am #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Mark Neville
mark@afvmodeller.com
http://www.ratfink.com/

Some of us are old enough to well remember Ed Roth and Rat Fink, plus all the other Ed Roth creations. Built some of his model kits as a kid.

June 13th, 2012, 1:58 am #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Mark Neville
mark@afvmodeller.com
Hello Mark!
Very fresh and unusual subject! I suppose, such van can deliver the latest issue of AFV magazine even to Siberia or Tibet! ))

Vladimir Yashin
"Ostfront Studio"
The Russian Way of Modelling

http://ost-front.ru/en