Old model: Crusader Mk III

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Old model: Crusader Mk III

October 20th, 2009, 8:23 am #1

Hi all,

The KV is still in progress, so I decided to show this one.
It's a model I finished about a year ago. It was an OOB build to get in the mood again, so the finishing was a bit rushed.

Anyway, I did follow the plans provided by Mike Starmer. So the turret got the correct white undershading, before I painted the camouflage.

Cheers, MartinD

October 20th, 2009, 5:53 pm #2

jepp that is a hard weathering. Perhaps it looks real like a long desert trip but sure it cover to much of the details. Looks that there is well done camo below !?

cheers Erik

October 21st, 2009, 1:20 am #3

Hi all,

It's a model I finished about a year ago. It was an OOB build to get in the mood again, so the finishing was a bit rushed.

Anyway, I did follow the plans provided by Mike Starmer. So the turret got the correct white undershading, before I painted the camouflage.

Cheers, MartinD

October 21st, 2009, 12:11 pm #4

Hi all,

Cheers, MartinD
Martin,

Even rushed models count as good experiences if/when they help you to get the right mood for modelling again.

Nice Crusader anyways.
Lu

October 22nd, 2009, 1:21 pm #5