Old enemies meet again..golan 1967

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Old enemies meet again..golan 1967

August 9th, 2012, 2:16 pm #1

Hi to all...well, this is my first attempt at putting two tanks a a scene ( I generally like models on bare bases...). It depicts an israeli M51 on M4A3 welded hull bypassing an old enemy,an abandones Syrian Jagdpanzer IV. M51 modell is a kitbash of Unimodel hull with fine Scale Factory turret, modelltrans bins and cans and a lot of detailing; Jagdpanzer IV L48 is trumpeter with some upgrade... Is not 100% finished, still lacks another figure and some details... Scale is 1/72, any comments and critics obviuosly welcomed( hope I didn't make any mistakes with the arab script...)
cheers, Fabrizio

Last edited by fabry66 on August 9th, 2012, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 9th, 2012, 3:01 pm #2

Stunning!!
Marco

August 9th, 2012, 3:04 pm #3

Hi to all...well, this is my first attempt at putting two tanks a a scene ( I generally like models on bare bases...). It depicts an israeli M51 on M4A3 welded hull bypassing an old enemy,an abandones Syrian Jagdpanzer IV. M51 modell is a kitbash of Unimodel hull with fine Scale Factory turret, modelltrans bins and cans and a lot of detailing; Jagdpanzer IV L48 is trumpeter with some upgrade... Is not 100% finished, still lacks another figure and some details... Scale is 1/72, any comments and critics obviuosly welcomed( hope I didn't make any mistakes with the arab script...)
cheers, Fabrizio

The dio looks very cool, weathering & paintjob are very solid! Not to mention that it is 1/72.
The welded hull M-51 is rare in modelling forums and turnsa out to be an inspiring verion, disreagrding some minor inaccuraces. I like the barrel & boxes that add color variety & war chaos to the dio. The paper box on the M-51 back is "manot krav 5" ration box? I thought they are much smaller.
Again - that's a good dio, congrats!
http://juy-modelling.blogspot.com

August 9th, 2012, 3:25 pm #4

cheers, Fabrizio

Hi

Really like this one - especially the Jagdpanzer. It's nice to see a welded hull based M51 - it has quite a different look from the usual variant.

Thanks for posting

Owen

August 9th, 2012, 3:33 pm #5

cheers, Fabrizio

so many great Israeli subjects being posted!

Fabrizio- what lovely work, especially in 1/72!

Mark Neville
AFV Modeller Magazine www.afvmodeller.com
mark@afvmodeller.com

August 9th, 2012, 3:47 pm #6

cheers, Fabrizio

Hi Fabrizio,
great dio, and great two models....
I saw that you have at last added the armored cover sight near the left visor, but is the color slightly clear and different?
Hope i'll see them early....
Cheers
Paolo

August 9th, 2012, 5:40 pm #7

Stunning!!
Marco
Thanks Marco!!!! n/t

August 9th, 2012, 5:45 pm #8

The dio looks very cool, weathering & paintjob are very solid! Not to mention that it is 1/72.
The welded hull M-51 is rare in modelling forums and turnsa out to be an inspiring verion, disreagrding some minor inaccuraces. I like the barrel & boxes that add color variety & war chaos to the dio. The paper box on the M-51 back is "manot krav 5" ration box? I thought they are much smaller.
Again - that's a good dio, congrats!
..As for the k-rations, I used Modell Miniature's set for 1/72...honestly, I have no idea of the dimensions or the real ones....
Cheers, Fabrizio..)

August 9th, 2012, 5:46 pm #9

Hi

Really like this one - especially the Jagdpanzer. It's nice to see a welded hull based M51 - it has quite a different look from the usual variant.

Thanks for posting

Owen
thanks, Owen!!! n/t

August 9th, 2012, 5:47 pm #10

so many great Israeli subjects being posted!

Fabrizio- what lovely work, especially in 1/72!

Mark Neville
AFV Modeller Magazine www.afvmodeller.com
mark@afvmodeller.com
IDF subjects can be a modeller's heaven....))
cheers, Fabrizio