Okay guys! Who's up for a wish list???????

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Okay guys! Who's up for a wish list???????

March 21st, 2012, 2:58 am #1

Hello fellow good guys,

Well, you could've knocked me over with a feather when I opened up good old "PMMS new kit news"....and from the thread below it looks like I ain't the only one. A Tortoise looking back at me...in styrene, no less! Sheeesh.

Well, it got me to thinking....some guys must have wished for this quaint device even though it and other new releases are amazingly ABOVE AND BEYOND what we (us A-ML guys) would ordinarily wish for.

We usually ask for "a different sherman" or "a more accurate kit of "X" " but who in their right mind (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) would even bother to wish for a Tortoise, a Black Prince, a Terrapin or a T28??

Okay, so let's let our imaginations go ballistic. It's time to wish for something that we all know couldn't POSSIBLY be produced in styrene. No way, no how....right?

Give it some thought....go through a few books....talk it over with club members...who knows what we may get??

My super-duper wish list (which is only a guide and kinda lame):

1. The bow of an LST...open of course (hey MiniArt...take a bow )

2. The M6A1 heavy tank

3. US pontoon bridge section

4. M2A4 light tank (Guadalcanal and Western Desert)

5. A cletrac complete with...everything.

6. The M6 and the M5 high speed tractor

7. A Dodge 1/2 ton series

Wayne (gimme some turtle soup...and make it snappy) Killeen

March 21st, 2012, 3:35 am #2

Ok, what the heck, here goes:

Mack NO 7.5 ton truck (no surprise there, eh?)
Diamond T 4 ton
M1A1 Heavy Wrecker
M6 High Speed Tractor
90mm US AA gun
240mm US Howitzer
Caterpillar Bulldozer
New M18
New M10
Tasca M36B1
Tasca M4
Tasca M4 Composite
M41 Howitzer
AFV Club updated 155mm Long Tom with correct tires/wheels and early limber
Sdkfz 8 artillery tractor unarmored
21cm K38
Unic P107 halftrack
New R35
New SU-122
Updated Tamiya Dragon Wagon with soft cab
Tamiya M4A3 76mm(W)

Cheers!
Steve

March 21st, 2012, 8:05 am #3

Hello fellow good guys,

Well, you could've knocked me over with a feather when I opened up good old "PMMS new kit news"....and from the thread below it looks like I ain't the only one. A Tortoise looking back at me...in styrene, no less! Sheeesh.

Well, it got me to thinking....some guys must have wished for this quaint device even though it and other new releases are amazingly ABOVE AND BEYOND what we (us A-ML guys) would ordinarily wish for.

We usually ask for "a different sherman" or "a more accurate kit of "X" " but who in their right mind (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) would even bother to wish for a Tortoise, a Black Prince, a Terrapin or a T28??

Okay, so let's let our imaginations go ballistic. It's time to wish for something that we all know couldn't POSSIBLY be produced in styrene. No way, no how....right?

Give it some thought....go through a few books....talk it over with club members...who knows what we may get??

2. The M6A1 heavy tank

A state-of-the-art series of the:

Vickers 6-ton Mark E/F (and 7TP / T-26) family.

Loads of types / users etc.

As I said, long overdue!

Peter

March 21st, 2012, 9:45 am #4

Hello fellow good guys,

2. The M6A1 heavy tank

These should be sold separately!
Best regards,
Christian

March 21st, 2012, 10:16 am #5

Hello fellow good guys,

2. The M6A1 heavy tank

Cruiser A9
Cruiser A10....both real tanks
Scammell tank transporter
Scammell w/lifting crane
Citroen basic truck body (French & German army )
Citroen ambulance
Diamond T & trailer, as posted above
Kassbohrer superheavy trailer, as used to transport King Tiger 332 to Aberdeen

March 21st, 2012, 11:16 am #6

Hello fellow good guys,

2. The M6A1 heavy tank

6x6 wrecker or 6x6 tanker, Tamiya has 75% of the model there already, of course the price would keep me away till deeply discounted....Tamiya do your 1/48th US Army Sedan, Ford??? in 1/35th...you have done the Tilly, Citroen and Kuble in both scales...Tamiya you would need to do some figures, drivers, mechanics(for the wrecker) and officers/drivers for the sedan. Thanks, Mike

March 21st, 2012, 11:21 am #7

Hello fellow good guys,

2. The M6A1 heavy tank

Hello,

Just a decent Universal Carrier...

Cheers,
Patrice.

March 21st, 2012, 11:59 am #8

Hello fellow good guys,

2. The M6A1 heavy tank

Just a D9 and D7 dozers in plastic...

March 21st, 2012, 12:24 pm #9

Hello fellow good guys,

2. The M6A1 heavy tank

1) Time to build all the stuff I have sitting on shelves (and still be able to watch TV)

2) Somewhere to display the above when completed!

Oh, yes, a Mack NO, an M5 High Speed Tractor (in styrene), a US 90mm AAA and an M18 that has correct hull contours!

Gary B.

March 21st, 2012, 1:28 pm #10

Hello fellow good guys,

2. The M6A1 heavy tank

In order or preference.

Bedford Truck
CMPs 15cwt and 3 ton
Scammel Tank Transporter
Diamond T Tank Transporter with Rogers Trailer
Bedford Trucks
Universal Carriers
British artillery ANY WW2