Ok after reading AFV modeller with adam wilders panther f

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Ok after reading AFV modeller with adam wilders panther f

October 15th, 2008, 7:10 pm #1

Im going to try the tamiya laquer thinner thing.So any thing I should watch out for?And I bought some gunze paints and any advice?Thanks for the info guys....
Oh and MIG I have a question about your new IDF tankers........what helmets do they have on?I always thought they wore US tankers helmets..

October 16th, 2008, 8:12 am #2

IDF Tankers

The IDF Tankers you are asking about have been scalped referencing photos from the book, “Israeli M50 Shermans” by author Robert Manasherob. The crash helmets they have on are the Czech made type. They are a bit similar to the soviet type and common with IDF forces during the 50s and 60s.

I have never used Gunze paints.

I would just recommend airbrushing some test pieces when first using Tamiya paint thinned with a lacquer thinner. This will allow you to get familiar with the different properties. Trust me, it is much easier to spray Tamiya paints tinned with a lacquer thinner. You’ll like it. Make sure your room is ventilated.

Let me know what else I can do.

Cheers
ANPW
Last edited by anpwilder on October 16th, 2008, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 16th, 2008, 1:36 pm #3

thanks for the help
That stuff smells nasty....I though Mr Surfacer was bad
Last edited by petarted on October 16th, 2008, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.