oil drums again

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

oil drums again

April 27th, 2012, 8:54 am #1

I think it was discussed before but I can't find it.
The Great wall hobby oil containers have a cap on top and on the side, is this correct? On pics I have there is nowhere a cap on top.

Thanks

Eddy

April 27th, 2012, 10:52 am #2

April 27th, 2012, 11:01 am #3

The Great wall hobby oil containers have a cap on top and on the side, is this correct? On pics I have there is nowhere a cap on top.

Thanks

Eddy
Hi

If you look through the images you will find some with end openings, but these are not with the various embossed lettering of the various military services on them. One has Shell on it and the others look like they are not German or might have been used for other chemicals rather than fuel. I think its safe to say the set is wrong in the context that the ones with large amounts of the end lettering, giving arm of service etc. do not have end access openings.

Time to get the hobby knife out and make some corrections.

Alan

April 27th, 2012, 12:38 pm #4

Thanks

Eddy
new products from new company

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/n ... parts.html

April 27th, 2012, 2:07 pm #5

Thanks

Eddy
I know what to do now.

Eddy