Not sure where to post this....

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Not sure where to post this....

July 18th, 2012, 2:16 am #1

I have seen a new set of modern coolers from DEF Model. I know, so what, right? Well, these are different, the coolers are openable, and include bottles, moulded in clear and seperate from the cooler, both water and coke, with labels too, they fit into the cooler as well. Now that's cool!! (Bad pun, sorry)
I am not associated with DEF Model, just a happy consumer of their products, and this set grabbed my eye!! I can see a few new dio options with them now!!
Shane

Just enough knowledge to be dangerous, but not enough to help anyone.

July 18th, 2012, 2:47 am #2

They look great...love the crushed bottles!

http://defmodel.com/

July 18th, 2012, 2:24 pm #3

I have seen a new set of modern coolers from DEF Model. I know, so what, right? Well, these are different, the coolers are openable, and include bottles, moulded in clear and seperate from the cooler, both water and coke, with labels too, they fit into the cooler as well. Now that's cool!! (Bad pun, sorry)
I am not associated with DEF Model, just a happy consumer of their products, and this set grabbed my eye!! I can see a few new dio options with them now!!
Shane

Only now I can't use the set until someone makes 1/35th crushed ice.....
and don't some smarty pants tell me to make my own from clear sprue. Money is meant to be spent.

Owen
Last edited by mailman7777777 on July 18th, 2012, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 18th, 2012, 3:17 pm #4

Isn't there a sprue of ice in that set?

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Taylor
Thachweave Products
http://thachweave.tripod.com

July 18th, 2012, 4:58 pm #5

and don't some smarty pants tell me to make my own from clear sprue. Money is meant to be spent.

Owen
from the little packets of plastic crystal things that you melt in the oven inside of a metal design that makes sun catchers (they look like little stained glass things when done). They usually come in many colors, clear being one of them.

RobG
RobG

July 19th, 2012, 12:47 am #6

Owen
Icecubes have been done. I've got them. They are from the small packets of desiccant that you used to find in bottles of vitamins etc. My cubes came in the hard plastic cylinderical containers. Mix with a little bit of clear gel and you have it. A friend used them in a cooler that he put on a VietNam era "Mule" and they look terrific.

July 19th, 2012, 5:29 pm #7

Shane

Great looking cooler set, any idea who has it in stock? Unfortunately Def does not do online sales
WalleyV