not a kit WIP but a room WIP

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

not a kit WIP but a room WIP

June 18th, 2012, 4:29 pm #1

My new modelling room...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

having 9 foot ceilings helps when stacking kits !

I have added some carpet under the tables and need to get some lighting and a spray booth.

DAVID NICKELS

June 18th, 2012, 7:05 pm #2

Looks like a nice place. Enjoy!

June 18th, 2012, 7:26 pm #3

My new modelling room...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I have added some carpet under the tables and need to get some lighting and a spray booth.
Leaving the wood floors as is? I find hard surface floors to be much easier to locate parts that fall, even if they bounce further, they don't blend into carpet near as easily. It's also easier to just sweep the debris of model building every so often rather than vacuuming.

June 18th, 2012, 8:17 pm #4

I bought a six by eight foot section of indoor/outdoor carpet to use as a rug. It slides under the work tables and will protect the flooring from my chair, and any paint or glue spills and has a rubber backing. I don't want to ruin the floor the first time I drop a bottle of glue, paint, get some dribble from my airbrush etc. Its easy enough to vacuum or to pick up, take outside and shake.
DAVID NICKELS

June 18th, 2012, 9:09 pm #5

My new modelling room...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

That's not a model room - It's a shop!! Well stacked shelves. When do you get around to building the models? Fabulous !!

FS1

June 19th, 2012, 11:24 am #6

My new modelling room...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

and with nothing better to do at 6:20 in the morning, I counted the boxes of models to the best of my ability. If it took you just one month to build and paint a model, it would take you the better part of 9 years and 5 months to build what you have in your collection. Join the club~~!!

June 19th, 2012, 2:35 pm #7

That's not a model room - It's a shop!! Well stacked shelves. When do you get around to building the models? Fabulous !!
So lots of time (when I am not moving). Thats just a fraction of my kits. I have a lot of older ones that are in storage sheds etc.
DAVID NICKELS

June 20th, 2012, 5:19 pm #8

and with nothing better to do at 6:20 in the morning, I counted the boxes of models to the best of my ability. If it took you just one month to build and paint a model, it would take you the better part of 9 years and 5 months to build what you have in your collection. Join the club~~!!
I was beginning to feel really guilty about my stash of some 300 kits but now I know I'm not alone !

My modelling speed is about 10 kits per year and since I'm now retired, simple arithmetic means that even if I don't add to them (fat chance), I'll be 90 before I finish them all.

Is there a Modellers Anonymous ?