normandy dio with civilian truck

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

normandy dio with civilian truck

Chris Pineo
Chris Pineo

March 27th, 2004, 2:06 am #1

Hi all. I am doing a Normandy diorama and want to include an old farm truck next to a hedgrow. Does anyone know of a company that makes trucks used by civilians in France. If not I was thinking of converting on Opel Blitz. What do you think.

robin gallagher
robin gallagher

March 27th, 2004, 5:13 am #2

I would have thought that the Germans would have commandeered everything on wheels, long before 1944. I'd be interested in knowing what's around, `though, with a view to painting it up as in German use.

Robin

Mark Burks
Mark Burks

March 27th, 2004, 12:38 pm #3

Hi all. I am doing a Normandy diorama and want to include an old farm truck next to a hedgrow. Does anyone know of a company that makes trucks used by civilians in France. If not I was thinking of converting on Opel Blitz. What do you think.
You might want to represent a truck from the late 20's or early 30's. Like the response before this one, the Germans would have commandeered most every wheeled vehicle (with a possible exception of the very old and nearly worn out vehicles).

Go to Ebay, look under models (autos). Type in 1/32 in the search parameter box(the closest to 1/35 scale in cars & trucks will be 1/32 scale). There are quite a few car models there in 1/32 scale from the time period you need.

~Mark~

ian sadler
ian sadler

March 27th, 2004, 7:21 pm #4

hi if you buy the eastern express gaz a or aa or aaa , with a little research you can convert into anyone of over 100 civilian makes of vehicles from 1928 to 39 , like ford a , or bedford , or opel i ton , or chevy i ton , more obscure are bean or standard or morris commercial. i did a research project on this very item and it was published in tankette a while back ,i do not have copy as it was lost when my comutor crashed last year , but it is out there on the net on several sites cheers ian

ian sadler
ian sadler

March 27th, 2004, 7:30 pm #5

hi a mate just turned up and had his copy on him , i have now loaded it yet again if you want the list of vehicles and makes just drop me an e mail and mark it toko conversions , i will gladly send it to you cheers ian ps it is up to you to search out the ref photos needed it is only a list ian

Chris Pineo
Chris Pineo

March 27th, 2004, 8:01 pm #6

Thanks for all the input guys. I was going to have the truck ruined and rusted out with wheels missing and such so I do have to worry about German interference. I am going for the look of that truck cab in the Band of Brothers Day of Days movie when the company is attacking the 105s at Brecort Manner. If I cannot find a sutable truck I will propably just convert an Opel into a ford or something.

Kimmo Siika
Kimmo Siika

March 29th, 2004, 7:27 am #7

hi a mate just turned up and had his copy on him , i have now loaded it yet again if you want the list of vehicles and makes just drop me an e mail and mark it toko conversions , i will gladly send it to you cheers ian ps it is up to you to search out the ref photos needed it is only a list ian
Hi Ian,

Could you sent that list in my e-mail?

Best regards,
Kimmo Siika

Tony Engelsen
Tony Engelsen

April 9th, 2004, 9:28 am #8

Thanks for all the input guys. I was going to have the truck ruined and rusted out with wheels missing and such so I do have to worry about German interference. I am going for the look of that truck cab in the Band of Brothers Day of Days movie when the company is attacking the 105s at Brecort Manner. If I cannot find a sutable truck I will propably just convert an Opel into a ford or something.
As mentioned by Ian the Eastern Express GAZ-AA is a very suitable kit. There are lots of pictures of restored Ford AAs on the net so it should not be a problem with converting it.
The kit comes with seperate rubber wheels so it will be easy to make it without them for the "wreck mode".

Tony E.

Frédéric Garnier
Frédéric Garnier

April 14th, 2004, 4:35 pm #9

And some other french manufacturers do Peugeot, renault...
Try fench sites like Blast model, where you can order them.