No more DML figure sets?

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

No more DML figure sets?

May 20th, 2010, 12:43 pm #1

.... maybe because there is no german soldier that has not been represented?
.... lack of ideas?

Cheers

May 20th, 2010, 1:45 pm #2

Germans to do! There's the "Inside Hitler's Bunker" set, 6 or 7 different sets of Wermacht mess hall figures, also the same number for their SS counterparts. Then there's the Luftwaffe "Office Clerks" set, not to mention the long anticipated Reichfuhrer SS staff drivers. They may even do sets of both SS and Army troops going to the toilet, both in summer and winter....
all while GOOD US/Allied sets go "un-done".........

Please read with tongue planted firmly in your cheek! This was NOT meant to be a Flame starter!!!

Rod

May 20th, 2010, 2:32 pm #3

That they haven't put any more out because they can't figure out how to incorporate someone in the "Wermacht Mess Hall Set" pointing at something.....

"Hey....can you pass the peas?"

May 20th, 2010, 5:39 pm #4

.... lack of ideas?

Cheers
Official release from DML R&D department:

We are deeply saddened to announce that there will be no more new German figure sets for the coming months. To our dismay, the model who poses for the sculptors is on long-term sick leave because he is suffering a severe case of bursitis in both shoulders. Apparently the problem is the result of "pointing at something" for too long.

Development of new German figure subjects will resume as soon as the model has made a complete recovery and undergone proper physical rehabilitation and physiotherapy.

Cheers!

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada

May 20th, 2010, 6:16 pm #5

..... ja,ja,ja,ja,....

.... Hervé, you,re great!!....

Cheers

May 20th, 2010, 6:25 pm #6

.... lack of ideas?

Cheers
Not keeping my hopes up but still:

- Soviet Army afv crew, 1970's
- Soviet Army infantry, 1970's
- Soviet Army infantry Afghanistan war 1980's (with 6B2 body armor and helmet with camo cover in KLMK pattern)
- US afv crew Europe 1970's
- US infantry Europe 1970's

etc.

best regards,

Marc Brandes

Replace dod in email address

May 21st, 2010, 3:05 am #7

not that the lads had much time for that,going off the stories ive been told bring it on... how hard would it be to slide mold an OWEN GUN and a beaten up slouth hat

gotta go the DML fairy is at the door with my new box of AUSSIE FIGURES
Last edited by jamiesumner on May 21st, 2010, 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 21st, 2010, 6:52 am #8

.... lack of ideas?

Cheers
They should do a new Volkssturm set! Now that they have the italian weapons done, it would be great to see a few grandpa`s in hodge-podge uniforms with them

Worked on their old Volkssturm set recently and it is really stone age compared to the new Gen2 sets.
A "Panzerjagdkommando" i.e. very young soldiers with Panzerfäusten on bicycles would be nice too

cheers

Stefan

May 21st, 2010, 7:05 am #9

not that the lads had much time for that,going off the stories ive been told bring it on... how hard would it be to slide mold an OWEN GUN and a beaten up slouth hat

gotta go the DML fairy is at the door with my new box of AUSSIE FIGURES
It is clear to me that you guys have missed the point here,
Scott, pointing at the peas, mashed potato and/or gravy are all valid poses. Where Dragon fails is in trying to incorporate a MAP while pointing at those peas you mentioned.

Herve, while your narative is detailed it stops short of mentioning the 'repetitive muscular disorder and compounded stress fractures' of the secondary wrist ligaments and bone, commonly caused from continued map holding of course.

....and Marc, those Soviet and US AFV crews and infantry are going to look a little odd wearing late war autumn leaf camo smocks while continually pointing and map holding.

On my own wish list I'd like to see more maps and pointing and maybe even a pointed map pointing at a round map with points on it. Dragon, if your reading this can we please also have some Germans pointing directly up, directly down, at a 17 degree angle and 18,19 and 20 degree angles too while I think about it and also one German pointing at a group of Germans who are also all pointing at the guy originally pointing?..................who is there holding a map?
Thanks Dragon, your the greatest:-)

May 21st, 2010, 12:47 pm #10

point taken