newbie question---> Best type of primer?

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

newbie question---> Best type of primer?

Gary Biro
Gary Biro

May 26th, 2003, 6:33 am #1

What types of primers do you guys use? Brand names would be helpful. And do you guys use spray can primers or do you use the airbrush to put down primer coats as well? Thanks in advance!

gary

Gary Cunningham
Gary Cunningham

May 26th, 2003, 2:09 pm #2

I use floquil gray primer # 323009, or aeromaster, which I think is the same stuff. I thin them with dio-sol.

For panzer gray finishes I use floquil grimy black.

A word of caution: I only use these primers when I can spray outside. They are lacquer(sp?) based & have VERY nasty fumes. Also, I used a resipirator & rubber gloves approved for chemicals.

Sometimes I use tamiya acrylics for the base coat when I can't spray outside.

bryan kennedy
bryan kennedy

May 27th, 2003, 7:05 pm #3

What types of primers do you guys use? Brand names would be helpful. And do you guys use spray can primers or do you use the airbrush to put down primer coats as well? Thanks in advance!

gary
Has a spray can primer that is fantastic on mixed media.