New Voyager DB ambush pattern stencil

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

New Voyager DB ambush pattern stencil

April 10th, 2012, 8:45 pm #1

Just saw this over at Armorama,
A stencil set for the "small dot" ambush pattern:
TEZ046 - 1/35 WWII German AFV Disc pattern camouflage masking stencil 2 (GP)
http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op= ... ad&order=0

best regards,

Marc Brandes

Replace dod in email address
Last edited by marc_brandes on April 10th, 2012, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 11th, 2012, 9:09 am #2

Ha ha ha !
Would it not be cheaper to drill holes on a plasticard sheet ?

Eric

April 11th, 2012, 1:24 pm #3

Cheaper? Sure; but, plasticard wouldn't impart the professional, accurately portrayed, realistically depicted hand painted look which we all strive for. Yessirrrreee! Only a precision made template constructed of the finest materials can do that. Besides, you might get sued for copyright infringement and theft of intellectual properties.
Last edited by Joe Zrodlowski on April 11th, 2012, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 11th, 2012, 2:08 pm #4

"Besides, you might get sued for copyright infringement and theft of intellectual properties. "

For making a stencil? I wonder how old invention it is.

Last edited by JariL on April 11th, 2012, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 11th, 2012, 3:58 pm #5

April 11th, 2012, 6:39 pm #6

JOSEPH ,

HAHAHAHAHA ! You're killin me son ... I I say .... I keep throwin' 'em & He keeps missin' 'em ... Ya' gotta keep yer eye on th Ball Son ... Eye Ball .... get it ... (crickets)

Seriously ... Instead of th spotted template ... You could give USCHI van der Rosten's Disc Camo stencil a try ? Fast Easy & Reusable !! It's available @ his site & AK Interactive has Co-Branded this ... Same Great quality you can find it at AK Interactive !

Check out this review - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJQl4LDlcpo

ERIK

WHAT DO YOU CALL THE ASSASSINS THAT ACCUSE THE ASSASSIN???

April 11th, 2012, 8:52 pm #7

Erik,

This stencil set is for the small dot ambush pattern, while the dots by Uschi are for the large dot pattern.
I agree that the small dot pattern stencil can be made fairly easily yourself.

best regards,

Marc Brandes

April 12th, 2012, 1:03 am #8

"Besides, you might get sued for copyright infringement and theft of intellectual properties. "

For making a stencil? I wonder how old invention it is.
I apologize for intentionally ignoring your question; but, you'll be happy to know that stencils will be celebrating their 30,002nd birthday on May 26th.

Picture of Voyager TEZ046's great (times 1,200) grandfather

April 12th, 2012, 4:56 am #9

MARC,

Thanx for th clarification !! \m/

@ JOE - May 26th ... got it noted on th Calendar !! Sah-Weet ! I can't wait for th Anniversary set !!

ERIK

WHAT DO YOU CALL THE ASSASSINS THAT ACCUSE THE ASSASSIN???

April 12th, 2012, 7:37 am #10

Just saw this over at Armorama,
A stencil set for the "small dot" ambush pattern:
TEZ046 - 1/35 WWII German AFV Disc pattern camouflage masking stencil 2 (GP)
http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op= ... ad&order=0

best regards,

Marc Brandes

Hi guys

Yoyager have mis-named this one FWIW, it's not actually a 'disc' variant at all, but a representation of the Daimler-Benz 'dot' or 'spot' pattern factory-applied to some of their Panthers only. Though a very similar pattern was applied by Henschel to their Tiger IIs.

The biggest difference apart from size, is the these small dots were visibly 'sprayed' so soft-edged in appearance (the spraygun in reality held at a distance from the painted surface, without a stencil being used at all) whist the disc patterns were all hard-edged (the stencil being actually placed onto the surface and sprayed-through). So all the overblown PR blurb about the Uschi/Voyager stencils being 'closer to reality' is n/a for this one at least.

I don't know anyone else to date that has produced a stencil for this one.

Ron
Last edited by ronrunningman on April 12th, 2012, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.