New Shot Kal Decals

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

New Shot Kal Decals

May 24th, 2012, 8:47 pm #1

Leave it to Dr. Robert to make our year with some excellent new decals!!!! One set for the 20lb Meteor engined Cent and two for the ALEF version!!!!! What a GREAT year for building the IDF in scale!!!!

http://www.sabingamartin.com/index.html

May 24th, 2012, 9:38 pm #2

Cheers for the heads up Mark - this release couldn't have been timed better!

Many thanks
Owen

May 24th, 2012, 9:44 pm #3

With the Re-release of the 73 SHot!!!!!

May 24th, 2012, 10:09 pm #4

Hi Mark

Tempted to grab another 73 Shot just to do something from Vol 3 of the Shot books - and an excuse to get the other set of decals. That and it's just such a nice kit to build. Though I have now build one using the Legends conversion I still think an AFV Club Shot Kal Dalet/Gimel would be a welcome release.

Do you have the first volume? If so does it show any of the the 67 Shots with the Meteor engine and the rear fuel tank extension? Just wondering if it's worth putting off my next project until I can pick up a copy at Tankfest.

Cheers for any reply
Owen

May 24th, 2012, 10:46 pm #5

And yes it does! I had to look at several photos because I am not Centurion Savy and did not realize the differences. The only issue Is that I have no idea of I am looking at a Mark III, V, or VIII. So unless Dr. Robert called it out in his pictures, its a Meteor engined Centurion to me. I looked over the book. The only rear fuel cell equipped Cents are MKVIIIs. These were publicly displayed in the 1961 Independence Day Parade and still had the British style front and rear fenders.
Last edited by Warfrost on May 25th, 2012, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 25th, 2012, 7:28 pm #6

I'll definately pick up a copy then. I got the AA Shot 67/73 conversion in the post this morning. Seems like a nice set but more a time saver than a "must have".

I'd assumed many things about the Meteor Shots and hadn't even considered a Mk7. Think I need more references!

Cheers
Owen