New (?) photo of a "Neubaufahrzeug"

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

New (?) photo of a "Neubaufahrzeug"

March 3rd, 2011, 1:30 pm #1

http://cgi.ebay.de/Beutepanzer-Balkenkr ... 2a0e75edcf

At least it's new to me.
Looks like Norway. Or might it be in Russia?
And what version of the Neubaufahrzeug is it?

Thanks and regards
Richard

March 3rd, 2011, 2:29 pm #2

Definatly taken in the rural parts of eastern Norway, propably in the southern part of the Gudbrandsdal valley. This is the slightly "later" version (vehicles nr.3-5) with somewhat simplified MG-turrets (so not the one announced by DML, vehicle nr.2), there are many photos on the net of these. Don`t worry though, this version will propably be announced by DML after the "early" one. From what i`ve read nr.2 was sent to Norway after the campaign to replace the vehicle that was lost at Kvam. You can see a photo of both types here, propably taken in the summer of 1940, note the visible camo (taken from the polish Inne Oblicza Historii forum):

Tony E.

March 3rd, 2011, 3:35 pm #3

At least it's new to me.

Thanks and regards
Richard
Richard,

The vehicle in the foreground is from the Nr.3-5 series and the one in the background is Nr.2. Notice the difference in the shape of the turret rear.

The photo is taken in Germany.

Regards,

Tom

Tom Cockle

March 3rd, 2011, 4:00 pm #4

NT

March 3rd, 2011, 4:06 pm #5

At least it's new to me.

Thanks and regards
Richard
That species of Larch growing in the background. It's only found in Germany!

Pat
MMiR

March 3rd, 2011, 4:25 pm #6

I knew my dendrology course would come in handy someday! Yeah like I was looking at the trees! LOL.

March 3rd, 2011, 5:28 pm #7

So this is the one, I posted originally.

The other picture was probably taken in Germany. The trees are my most beloved (horse) chestnut trees - you know, the shady trees in Bavarian beer-gardens...

Richard

March 3rd, 2011, 6:26 pm #8

Definatly taken in the rural parts of eastern Norway, propably in the southern part of the Gudbrandsdal valley. This is the slightly "later" version (vehicles nr.3-5) with somewhat simplified MG-turrets (so not the one announced by DML, vehicle nr.2), there are many photos on the net of these. Don`t worry though, this version will propably be announced by DML after the "early" one. From what i`ve read nr.2 was sent to Norway after the campaign to replace the vehicle that was lost at Kvam. You can see a photo of both types here, propably taken in the summer of 1940, note the visible camo (taken from the polish Inne Oblicza Historii forum):

Tony E.
Hi,

The Ebay auction photo is taken a few kilometres north of Moelv, Norway around 22 april 1940.

The other photo in this thrad is taken in Oslo, Norway late may/early june 1940.

Here is a photo of how the place looks today:

[/IMG]

Kind regards,

Øyvind
Last edited by zbv40 on March 3rd, 2011, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 3rd, 2011, 10:58 pm #9

So this is the one, I posted originally.

The other picture was probably taken in Germany. The trees are my most beloved (horse) chestnut trees - you know, the shady trees in Bavarian beer-gardens...

Richard
It's quite common on this forum. In fact, there are at least two Olympic digressors who regularly practice here.

Don't be offput by the digressions. They are pretty harmless most of the time and once they have digressed in your thread, they consider you a buddy.

But you are right not to let them just meander along. Lead them back to the topic and they'll respect you.

I hope I've been of some help.

And yeah, that is a cool new barr farr zoog...

I remain,

Kip

March 4th, 2011, 9:22 am #10

Well, as it seems, there are all preconditions given in Oslo too, to establish a true Bavarian beer-garden there. I'll think it over!

Talking about trees in this dendrologist's-forum: My faourite pic of the Neubaufahrzeug so far is this one:

Best regards and boughs up!
Richard