New Merkava 3D kits, comparisons?

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

New Merkava 3D kits, comparisons?

May 17th, 2012, 10:00 am #1

Hi all,
Both Hobbyboss' and Meng's Merkava 3D kits are out now (at least HobbyEasy sells both of them). I've seen sprue shots of the Meng kit, but has anyone seen the Hobbyboss kit?

It might be a bit early but I really want a Merkava 3D and price is a factor, the Hobbyboss kit is a lot cheaper, as is accuracy.

TIA,
Erik L

May 17th, 2012, 12:42 pm #2

There is a preview of the Hobby Boss Merkava 3D on Perth now:

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/r ... 82441.html

Looks very promising-- a big difference is real ball-chain versus the cast sytrene for the Meng kit. Also appears to have anti-slip surfacing. Looks like they dropped the vinyl wheels for full cast styrene. I don't see any clear parts like the Hobby Boss Merkava 4 had; I wish those had been included.

May 18th, 2012, 9:36 am #3

Yes,there it was, it wasn't up when I checked out PMMS. The HB Merkava 3D looks very nice too.

Erik L

May 18th, 2012, 5:48 pm #4

Hi all,
Both Hobbyboss' and Meng's Merkava 3D kits are out now (at least HobbyEasy sells both of them). I've seen sprue shots of the Meng kit, but has anyone seen the Hobbyboss kit?

It might be a bit early but I really want a Merkava 3D and price is a factor, the Hobbyboss kit is a lot cheaper, as is accuracy.

TIA,
Erik L
Looking on the HobbyBoss parts on the PMMS site the HobbyBoss looks very good deal. Almost half price than Meng and it comes with large PE.
At that price it worth to buy several of the HobbyBoss Merkava 3D to use for spare parts for other Merkavas, since the PE and the wheels worth the price.
For majority of modelers that dont want to deal with the application of the anti skid, it already have it (again not perfect but enough for representation).

I am sure that many of you that have some resin Mewrkavas will used the HobbyBoss one as a donor for parts to speed up the builds.
I hope HobbyBoss will come out in that range of prices with some new IDF kits like the Namer and other tank based APC as well, Merkava 1-2 var. Merkava 4 with trophy, D9 Cat. and some more.

Robert

Dr. Robert Manasherob
www.sabingamartin.com

May 23rd, 2012, 5:33 pm #5

Hi all,

TIA,
Erik L
You can have the HB Merkava's. They are a pain to build. Why to much PE.I am looking forward to the Meng Merkava Mk 3D.
Mike