new kit from Ivey Models: German Air Compressor Trailer for V2 units

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

new kit from Ivey Models: German Air Compressor Trailer for V2 units

June 25th, 2012, 6:52 pm #1

Hello,
If anyone is interested, I have just completed my 1st full kit. My good friend, Juergen Kurz, has supplied me with the technical drawings, text data and enthusiasm related to it and I otherwise couldn't have got this kit off the ground!

This kit is also the 1st of it;s kind in we believe any scale.

The kit is of the German 2-axle Air Compressor Trailer (Position 506) for the V2 rocket units.

http://ww2militaryminiatures.com/72V01.php

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210/th ... %26quot%3B

Ivey models # 72V01
Pos. 506 Luftverdichter-Anhanger, 2-achs. fur V2 Rakettentrupp
Position 506 Air Compressor Trailer, 2-axle for V2 Rocket Units
Full Kit
Price: $22.50 USD (shipping anywhere at cost)

I am a one-man show, and the kits are 'limited-run'. I will cast per order, if interested.
Thanks,
Tony
Last edited by Tony Ivey on June 25th, 2012, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Ivey

June 26th, 2012, 6:42 am #2

Hi Tony!
Good idea and execution, no doubt. I'm impatient to see the trailer built and painted! Do you think to expand the V2 servicing trailers range?
BTW, I'm afraid somebody may blame you for selling less than you have promised. I see one pair of wheels is stated with 9 holes and in fact they are 8 only
Keep 'em coming!
Cheers!

June 26th, 2012, 7:25 am #3

Ilian,

if Tony only releases half of the information I ve provided to him as kits you ll be happy!
(e.g. pump trailer for alcohol (towed behind Opel B Stoff truck), T Stoff preheater trailer
(behind T-Stoff truck), cable carrier trailers, workshop trailer to name just a few).
BTW my drawings which Tony has a based on originals from Wehrmacht technical drawing boards

Juergen Kurz, Salzburg Austria

June 26th, 2012, 7:59 pm #4

Hi Tony!
Good idea and execution, no doubt. I'm impatient to see the trailer built and painted! Do you think to expand the V2 servicing trailers range?
BTW, I'm afraid somebody may blame you for selling less than you have promised. I see one pair of wheels is stated with 9 holes and in fact they are 8 only
Keep 'em coming!
Cheers!
... yes, that was a typo. Good catch! I corrected the parts data, the wheels are indeed 8 and 6 spoke wheels. This is only my 2nd kit (and 1st full kit) in my range. I have already figured out a better way to cast these parts, so when the mold gets to the end of it's use (and there is still interest in this kit), I will be able to reposition the parts to save on supplies and time casting.

I have plenty more ideas and, yes, there will be more servicing trailers for the V2 range. My good friend Juergen has supplied me with all kinds of data on them. I will have the compressor trailer completion photos posted in a day or two and will post the info here.

The next kit up will be a one-off field mod. of a German workshop trailer based on an old flatbed trailer they had in WW2.

cheers,
Tony

Tony Ivey