new info & items from Milmod

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

new info & items from Milmod

May 19th, 2017, 1:32 pm #1

News from the resin manufacturer "Milmod"

MilMod has launched a separate Airfield series in 1:72 and 1:76 in 2017, whose kit numbers begin with 000.xxx
The reason for this is the acquisition of different masters from the former B.W.-Model-Program
These have been partially reworked and added to additional parts for diorama purposes at airfields, e.g. Loading and figures
The former types of B.W. have now been consistently cast into resin - some even in clear-cut resin. Filigree small parts consist of one Special - extremely break resistant - black resin
There are always two sets of decals for each kit. Partially these decals are also produced in the extremely well covering UV printing process. The whole thing is then Each packed in a regular solid carton.
As a rule, there are two kit variants, which have different markings and alternating components. The different paintings are in each case On the cover, or in the building instructions provided with many tips
We will present these kits here after their release
MilMod's extensive range currently includes around 30 different vehicle types, such as the leaflet shown here. There are some more Accessory sets, which belong to the 1:72 series and whose kit numbers start with 072.xxx and are intended for both series.

From the end of May 2017, the first four kits will be available exclusively at the Aviation Megastore in Amsterdam-Schiphol.

For more information and pictures from some new items, visit:

http://henk.fox3000.com/milmod.htm

gr. Henk
Greetings from Henk Timmerman
Webmaster "HenkofHolland", military small scale website
Email: info.henkofholland(at)gmail.com - change (at) with @

May 19th, 2017, 5:25 pm #2

I had to take a tranquilizer when i saw the price tag for the minuteman truck & trailer.....(and Im rich!)
But let nobody say "theres nothing on offer", as this is a very nice coverage of less modeled equipment,
enjoy modelling,
Peter
Regards,
Peter van Kempen.

Si vis pacem, Para bellum.

May 20th, 2017, 2:42 pm #3

For a very rare and obscure subject, to get this right there surely are alot of hours of research and planning. Then factor in the subject is so specialized many modelers won't be interested so sales volume will be low regardless. I personally would not have the time to research and scratch build my own. Price wise it is about the same cost as resin kits of much smaller tanks from other manufacturers. And a few of those offer questionable quality for the price. So its all if it offers enough value to you in terms of interest and quality to be worthwhile.

I am eagerly awaiting more info on some of their ARFF apparatus myself.

May 23rd, 2017, 8:16 am #4

News from the resin manufacturer "Milmod"

MilMod has launched a separate Airfield series in 1:72 and 1:76 in 2017, whose kit numbers begin with 000.xxx
The reason for this is the acquisition of different masters from the former B.W.-Model-Program
These have been partially reworked and added to additional parts for diorama purposes at airfields, e.g. Loading and figures
The former types of B.W. have now been consistently cast into resin - some even in clear-cut resin. Filigree small parts consist of one Special - extremely break resistant - black resin
There are always two sets of decals for each kit. Partially these decals are also produced in the extremely well covering UV printing process. The whole thing is then Each packed in a regular solid carton.
As a rule, there are two kit variants, which have different markings and alternating components. The different paintings are in each case On the cover, or in the building instructions provided with many tips
We will present these kits here after their release
MilMod's extensive range currently includes around 30 different vehicle types, such as the leaflet shown here. There are some more Accessory sets, which belong to the 1:72 series and whose kit numbers start with 072.xxx and are intended for both series.

From the end of May 2017, the first four kits will be available exclusively at the Aviation Megastore in Amsterdam-Schiphol.

For more information and pictures from some new items, visit:

http://henk.fox3000.com/milmod.htm

gr. Henk
I've noticed that Panzerfux are advertising some MilMod re-pops of the old BW kits too (so far Dennis RS, and Scammel Mk10) Wonder how many BW masters MilMod have got? And which ones?
What happens when you press this bu...........