New Figure Set - Airborne

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

New Figure Set - Airborne

May 18th, 2012, 1:14 pm #1

Hello Again
The second of our new figure releases is this set of Airborne Troops. They are based on photographs taken by AFPU photographer Capt Bill Malandine at RAF Harwell in the days leading up to D-Day. The set is called 'Airborne Troops, Tea and a Wad' and comprises six unpainted resin figures. They are wearing airborne smocks and three of them have the large lifejackets worn by paras and glider-borne troops.

The Horsa in the background is a modified Italeri kit with serial numbers from our set depicting the gliders that landed at 'Pegasus Bridge'

If you would like to see some more pictures, please go to -http://www.dantaylormodelworks.com/airb ... -161-p.asp

Thanks for taking a look. More to follow.

Best
Dan

www.dantaylormodelworks.com

Dan Taylor Modelworks

"My life is like my room - I'm sure it was tidy two days ago" Alphonse Tram in the film 'Buffet Froid' 1979

May 18th, 2012, 1:19 pm #2

Outstanding.....Wonderfully characterful figures!

All the best
Andy S.
Andy Smith
Worcester, UK
обезьяны собираются к звездам

May 18th, 2012, 3:58 pm #3

Hi
If they want sugar I'll have to create tiny ration books! And spoons.

Thanks for the comments.

Regards
Dan
Dan Taylor Modelworks

"My life is like my room - I'm sure it was tidy two days ago" Alphonse Tram in the film 'Buffet Froid' 1979

May 20th, 2012, 6:04 am #4

Hello Again
The second of our new figure releases is this set of Airborne Troops. They are based on photographs taken by AFPU photographer Capt Bill Malandine at RAF Harwell in the days leading up to D-Day. The set is called 'Airborne Troops, Tea and a Wad' and comprises six unpainted resin figures. They are wearing airborne smocks and three of them have the large lifejackets worn by paras and glider-borne troops.

The Horsa in the background is a modified Italeri kit with serial numbers from our set depicting the gliders that landed at 'Pegasus Bridge'

If you would like to see some more pictures, please go to -http://www.dantaylormodelworks.com/airb ... -161-p.asp

Thanks for taking a look. More to follow.

Best
Dan

www.dantaylormodelworks.com
got a British Horsa that could go with something like that to go with it
planning anymore? like to see some Airbourne crew for a jeep.

Cheers Elliott

May 20th, 2012, 1:50 pm #5

Hello Elliott
Funny you should ask. I've got a really nice pair of pictures of a jeep being loaded onto a Horsa via a special ramp construction. It has a load of poeple pushing and directing. If I can find some good reference on the ramp it may well work...

Thanks
Dan
Dan Taylor Modelworks