New Dragon's AFV prices...

A bulletin board for vendors to make product announcements and offer items for sale.

New Dragon's AFV prices...

April 13th, 2006, 3:04 pm #1

Hi guys,

I was wondering throught the AFV sites when i saw a Lucky Model's advertising about the Dragon's new panzerspahwagen. Knowing that the store is one of the best and cheap stores of the market, i became interested in pruchasing the AFV. I was schoked!!! The AFV's price is US$49,99(as a comparison, the Tiger Late 3 in 1 is 29,99)!!!
About a month ago, i read a message(here in ML) saying that the new dragon's AFV will be incresased.
But this is ridiculous!!

No way i´m going to buy thsi one!!!

Best Regards
Cadu "Rommel" Souza

April 13th, 2006, 10:50 pm #2

Take you bitching elsewhere,either you buy the kit or don't I am tired of listening to you ball babies about the price of models. You can purchase any new kit on the market as low as 30% off of the retail price if you use your brains instead of your mouth!

Now on a kind note,have a better day!

P.S. If the manufactures have to raise the prices of kits to keep me happy,more power to them. Oil prices are climbing or even sky rocketing so what,not like I'm going to walk my fat ass 20 miles to work. So either I pay the price or I walk. Again have a great DAY!

P.S.S. Hell that felt GREAT!!!!!!!!!

P.S.S.S. Hell I would have giv'en my left nut for this type of tooling 20 years ago.

April 14th, 2006, 12:04 am #3

I for one will not hesitate to pay that amount for a kit because for me, it's a terrific investment. I figure I normally spend about 100 to 140 hours on each of my modelling projects (a rough guesstimate, but an average of 120 hours is closer than not). Now that breaks down into 41.66 cents per hour for a kit costing $49.99. Man, I don't know what you whiners do for entertainment, but less than four-bits an hour is cheap! In comparison, I go see a movie, buy my usual super-deep bucket o' popcorn, a giant slurpee and a mega-box of those chocolate covered raisins, and I've spent 20-25 bucks, easy. Convert that expense into time-being-entertained and you'll see it translates into more than $10 per hour. All for some crappy movie that's mostly commercials and all I'll have to show for it is memories. Here's my take ..... a great new kit, $49.99 .... some cool photoetch, $19.99 ..... that wicked book showing every square inch of that vehicle, $16.99 .... spending the next few months gloriously created that styrene masterpiece (at least in my mind) .... abso-friggin-lutely PRICELESS!

Cordially submitted,
Douglas Niedermeyer ... errr - Kirchoff

April 14th, 2006, 2:55 am #4

Nothin like a little Animal House to get the old blood a pump'in!..................Mrosko

April 14th, 2006, 5:24 am #5

If you can dream it, it will become a reality, no SH!T! The question is, do you want to spend the $$$, or would you prefer to spend your time to make your own from scratch? Personally, I prefer to spend my scratchbuilding time on details that are missing, and let the manufacturers invest the BIG bucks in tooling the baseline kits. $50 on a baseline kit is NOTHING compared to the amount of time it would take you to make your own from scratch! You get what you pay for. It's not like you are paying for crap; these days the major manufacturers give you lot's of bang for the buck, so I concur with chris and Mike: QUIT YOUR WHINING!!!! Would you rather that they don't offer your dream model?????? Personally, I'm still trying to recover from Tamiya's new release of the T-55, among many others...it sure beats the HELL out of scratchbuilding my own, especially when I plan on building at least a half dozen of them!!!

Now that the Char B is coming, are you going to make your own from scratch, or are you willing to spend an extra 3 Big Macs worth for the kit? It's your choice amigo...quit complaining about it and start building those kits that are accumulating dust in your closet, or keep your money and keep crying and increase your collection of dust bunnies!

Build those models!!!

Charlie

April 14th, 2006, 12:22 pm #6

Hi guys,

I was wondering throught the AFV sites when i saw a Lucky Model's advertising about the Dragon's new panzerspahwagen. Knowing that the store is one of the best and cheap stores of the market, i became interested in pruchasing the AFV. I was schoked!!! The AFV's price is US$49,99(as a comparison, the Tiger Late 3 in 1 is 29,99)!!!
About a month ago, i read a message(here in ML) saying that the new dragon's AFV will be incresased.
But this is ridiculous!!

No way i´m going to buy thsi one!!!

Best Regards
Cadu "Rommel" Souza
Cadu, while I agree with the others that, at $49.95, today's models are a good value, your thoughts probably reflect those of a segment of Dragon's consumer base that don't contribute to forums like this. I'd guess that these "non-hardcore" consumers represent a significant portion of Dragon's market, so the marketing folks will have to consider the effects of higher prices. I'm sure there's a bean counter somewhere in Asia carefully monitoring sales.

April 14th, 2006, 12:25 pm #7

Take you bitching elsewhere,either you buy the kit or don't I am tired of listening to you ball babies about the price of models. You can purchase any new kit on the market as low as 30% off of the retail price if you use your brains instead of your mouth!

Now on a kind note,have a better day!

P.S. If the manufactures have to raise the prices of kits to keep me happy,more power to them. Oil prices are climbing or even sky rocketing so what,not like I'm going to walk my fat ass 20 miles to work. So either I pay the price or I walk. Again have a great DAY!

P.S.S. Hell that felt GREAT!!!!!!!!!

P.S.S.S. Hell I would have giv'en my left nut for this type of tooling 20 years ago.
I can complain wherever and whenever i can!!! If don't like it, eat my shorts!!!
I guess ur mom didn't give u the right attention in ur childhood..
The price of this kit is US$20 higher than the best and most complete kit of the market(Tiger Late 3 in 1), having less parts, PE, metal parts and more. If u are a sucker and wants to pay more for less, this is understandable by the size and complexion of your brain(I guess u would be better if your brain were like ur ass). I don't want to pay more for less. Of course, i will buy it for less than 50 bucks, but this do not means that i will shut about this absurd price.

Thanks for the oportunity.

CADU SOUZA

April 14th, 2006, 12:36 pm #8

eating shorts,there you go! Have a better day.Meanwhile I'll play with my 50.00 kit.Mrosko
At least most of us will enjoy the new tooling,How's Brazil these day's?

April 14th, 2006, 12:40 pm #9

Cadu, while I agree with the others that, at $49.95, today's models are a good value, your thoughts probably reflect those of a segment of Dragon's consumer base that don't contribute to forums like this. I'd guess that these "non-hardcore" consumers represent a significant portion of Dragon's market, so the marketing folks will have to consider the effects of higher prices. I'm sure there's a bean counter somewhere in Asia carefully monitoring sales.
Steve,

The real problem is not the price, but how the price raised. The price is affordable. The suddenly raise is that frightens me. How much is going to cost a new kit masterpiece like the Tiger I? About US$70?

Like u said, there are "non-hardcore" consumers. They are a very good portion of Dragon's market(here in Brasil we are 180 million people). I think that a raise is acceptable, but not in 70%...

Thanks for ur time
Best Regards

CADU SOUZA

April 14th, 2006, 2:30 pm #10

I can complain wherever and whenever i can!!! If don't like it, eat my shorts!!!
I guess ur mom didn't give u the right attention in ur childhood..
The price of this kit is US$20 higher than the best and most complete kit of the market(Tiger Late 3 in 1), having less parts, PE, metal parts and more. If u are a sucker and wants to pay more for less, this is understandable by the size and complexion of your brain(I guess u would be better if your brain were like ur ass). I don't want to pay more for less. Of course, i will buy it for less than 50 bucks, but this do not means that i will shut about this absurd price.

Thanks for the oportunity.

CADU SOUZA

Your command of the english language and use of spelling leaves something to be desired. None of us like higher prices but learn to live with it. I started building models when they were a dollar or less...but salaries were very low then to. Multiplicity Moron!
Ken