Nemrod's US paras

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Nemrod's US paras

Chuck Pullen
Chuck Pullen

August 21st, 2001, 2:18 am #1

I just ordered Nemrod's US paras (3 sets) from Squadron, and have a few questions from you guys:

1. What's the quality of these figures ?

2. How good is Squadron's mail-order service (dependability, speed, customer service)?

3. How soon should I expect these figures if I requested UPS delivery ?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. I really enjoy Missing Links.

Tim Streeter
Tim Streeter

August 21st, 2001, 5:20 pm #2

I don't have the Nemrod paratroopers, but I have several other sets of theirs and the quality is excellent. The paras are on my list for an upcoming project and I'll look forward to getting them.

Squadron is very good. Depending on where you live and when you put in your order, you can expect to see your package in 5 to 7 days. If you order on a late Friday afternoon you can assume your stuff won't be sent out until Monday, which is often common with mail order.

Tim
t*k*b*e@msn.com

Bob Collignon
Bob Collignon

August 21st, 2001, 6:12 pm #3

I just ordered Nemrod's US paras (3 sets) from Squadron, and have a few questions from you guys:

2. How good is Squadron's mail-order service (dependability, speed, customer service)?

I Agree with Tim! The Nemrod figures are exceptional maybe the best and definitely one of the best lines available. The faces are real gems. Don't form an opinion of the figures based on the box art because the painted figures on the boxes are horrible and are not at
all a good representation of what is inside. I made the mistake of judging the figs. by the box art until my buddt Jim Johnston, owner of Ft. Duquesne Military Miniatures told me to take a close look at the actual figure and I went from disappointment to happy-happy pretty quick, yes they're really swell! My 2c Bob

Barry Gazso
Barry Gazso

August 21st, 2001, 9:04 pm #4

Chuck,
Tim and Bob aren't steering you wrong. If you check the Red Lancers site, you'll also see Nemrod's newest U.S. troopers, listed as Normandy/D-Day troopers, but they could certainly be used as Doughfoots anywhere in NW Europe. I was very impressed that a trooper was slung with a M1936 Mussette bag, a piece of gear almost ubiquitous with G.I.'s but nonexistent in figures - til now.

I'm SO happy these guys are readily available now.

Regards,
Barry

Chuck Pullen
Chuck Pullen

August 21st, 2001, 11:20 pm #5

Tim, Bob and Barry:

I appreciate the information. I'm really looking forward to those figures now.

Chuck Pullen