Needing computer help, please.

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Needing computer help, please.

August 12th, 2012, 3:15 am #1

For whatever reason, my computer is now struggling to load missing-lynx, only this site. Not sure why, never been a problem in the past and only here. Not being a computer buff myself, any suggestions as to cause/ what to do, please?

thank you,

Kylie

August 12th, 2012, 10:01 am #2

It's not just you, I'm finding that I have to refresh constantly or right click to open a discussion group in a separate window.

Steve

August 13th, 2012, 12:22 am #3

For whatever reason, my computer is now struggling to load missing-lynx, only this site. Not sure why, never been a problem in the past and only here. Not being a computer buff myself, any suggestions as to cause/ what to do, please?

thank you,

Kylie
Did not think this was new...I have had problems for years. I have always put it down to the 'Network 54 Factor'.

There are some days when I cant get into any DG's, other days where I can get into one or two, and other days when there are no problems.

I am a Mac/Safari user.

Regards Dave

August 13th, 2012, 1:25 am #4

thank you,

Kylie
Kylie,

I've been having problems with some web sites when I use Chrome as my browser. Try a different browser (say Firefox) to see if the problem still occurs,

HTH

George

August 13th, 2012, 11:30 am #5

Are the normal Network 54 outages. Network 54 itself is slow, pokey to load, and is not working half the time. A good check is to see if you can get into Hyperscale since they are both hosted on N54. When HS isnt working properly, chances are ML won't either.
DAVID NICKELS

August 14th, 2012, 1:31 am #6

thank you,

Kylie
so, it is not just those Eastern European "art" sites that I go to then...

will try changing server and see how I go.

Kylie
(and I don't go to those site, either)