Need help with naming a dio

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Need help with naming a dio

April 10th, 2002, 7:27 pm #1

I have just finished a small dio where a GI with a crummy handcart passes a brandnew Jagdpanther, left by it's crew due to petrol shortage.
The GI is dirty, tired and looks more like a hobo then a soldier after the fierce fighting in the Ardennes.
The irony of this is that he is the "victor" while the state of the art JP is on the loosing side.
I am breaking my braincells to find a short title for this dio, making this clear.
Thanks in advance
Rob

Charles Reading
Charles Reading

April 10th, 2002, 10:33 pm #2

Hi Rob,
Heard good things about you from Rhodes W.
Could you possibly post some photos of the dio? I'm much better coming up with names if I can stare at the thing for a little while (and I'm dying to see it also!
Thanks
Charles Reading

Brian Tate
Brian Tate

April 10th, 2002, 11:40 pm #3

I have just finished a small dio where a GI with a crummy handcart passes a brandnew Jagdpanther, left by it's crew due to petrol shortage.
The GI is dirty, tired and looks more like a hobo then a soldier after the fierce fighting in the Ardennes.
The irony of this is that he is the "victor" while the state of the art JP is on the loosing side.
I am breaking my braincells to find a short title for this dio, making this clear.
Thanks in advance
Rob
G'day Rob,

Nice to talk to you again. What about `slow and steady...'? Seems to sum up the dio situation pretty well. Still have a pile of the dio factory bits you sent. Thanks again mate.

Glenn Gerson
Glenn Gerson

April 11th, 2002, 2:21 am #4

Thanks in advance
Rob
Hey Rob!

Keep it simple and play the brain game with people. You gave all the hints to the name of the dio in your message.

How about Victor's Spoils (or Victor Spoils)?

Ah-ha! Is it the name of the guy pushing the cart OR to the victor goes the spoils?

C'mon guy, "man with cart" isn't going to cut it. Or go the extreme and call it "coffee break". You'll have folks trying to find the humor (or logic) in that for years.

Don't settle for the routine dio names. Squirrel with people's minds. I'll be we can come up with a Top 10 list of all the routine dio names used.

Be unique!

- Glenn

April 11th, 2002, 7:03 am #5

I will stick to Roberts adapted Visa card commercial, I really liked that one
Thanks for your help
Rob
PS: I will post some pics in the construction commentss group soon

Steve Coladonato
Steve Coladonato

April 11th, 2002, 11:34 am #6

I was thinking about a name for this dio last night and it hit me. I was thinking something with "Victor" or "Spoil" (which Glenn already hit upon).

"Of Mice and Men"
"David and Golithe"

But the one that hit me last night was "The Mouse vs. the Elephant". Kind of a play on elephants (jagdpanther) are afraid of mice (G.I.).

Instead of a cart, the G.I. needs a bazooka. Then my titles fit nicely.

Although Robert's suggestion is good.

Janne Nilsson
Janne Nilsson

April 11th, 2002, 2:02 pm #7

"Not so cooky now, huh."

"Its like buying a cadillac and when you cant afford the gas."

"Its not dead, just resting."

"No gas, no guts."

Janne Nilsson
IPMS-Stockholm

Clarence Prigent
Clarence Prigent

April 11th, 2002, 3:52 pm #8

Thanks in advance
Rob
N/T

Peter Ong
Peter Ong

April 11th, 2002, 11:40 pm #9

Thanks in advance
Rob
How about...

If the GI is looking at the JP:
"You Don't Look So Tough!"
"Aw, is the Big Kitty Hungry?"
"Tonight's bedroom--with ROOF!"
"50 years from now, I'll still remember you."
"It pays to carry your own weight."

If the GI is NOT looking at the JP:

"The US GI...he keep going, and going, and going..."
"Over hill, over dale..."
"It's not tactics, it's logistics."
"BIG break"
"Bent, but not broken. New, but useless."

Pete

Ray MacMillan
Ray MacMillan

April 12th, 2002, 2:03 am #10

Thanks in advance
Rob
n/t