Need advice on drybrushing...

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Need advice on drybrushing...

Walter Schneider
Walter Schneider

January 28th, 2004, 9:25 pm #1

Hello Everyone,
Just have a quick question about Drybrushing. What are the best colors to drybrush with? I have found a very light tan works best on Dark Greens but not sure what will work for Olive Drabs and Multi-color German Camo's. I would appreciate any help anyone could lend. Thanks again everyone.

Best Wishes,
Walter

Matt Clemente
Matt Clemente

January 28th, 2004, 9:58 pm #2

Since Each Color has a Diffrent Premier Color to Dry Brush with this is semi-general, I Also dry Brush depending on the Location my vehicle would be in. I Even Dry Brush my Figures with a Mud Color or Snow COlor Depending on the Time of Year they are set in.

Although as a general rule for dry brushing I believe go with a lighter green then the Green you are Dry Brushing onto. SO For Olive Drab Just Choose a Lighter Green.

As per Say Multi Clored German Vehicles Take the Lightest Color In the Scheme add a few drops of flat white to it and dry brush away. This can give a greate effect of chipping if done right.

I'm sure other people have many other methods though, that's just what makes me happy.