Need a measurement

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

Need a measurement

June 16th, 2012, 8:36 pm #1

I need the length and width of a Hobbyboss M1070 with trailer so I can find a base.
I would measure mine but it hasn't come yet.

Thanks,
Owen

June 17th, 2012, 4:34 am #2

Try here:http://lmgtfy.com/?q=length+and+width+o ... Boss+M1070#

You need to get a hobby, well maybe a different one than this.

Edit: I better put this in, try the third link down, the first 2 show metric measurements. Don't want to frustrate you.
Last edited by Gary Owsley on June 17th, 2012, 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 17th, 2012, 4:51 am #3

Gary, Do me a favor and ignore my posts.
I don't know what your problem is....

Owen
Last edited by mailman7777777 on June 17th, 2012, 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 17th, 2012, 5:05 am #4

I guess my problem is, and it seems I'm not the only one, are your rather silly questions. If you had a question about, say the difference between a M113A1 and a M113A2 or did the IDF use M48A3s in the `67 war, that would be one thing. Your rash of "questions" latey seem to be on subjects that have nothing to do with the content of the thread or tasks that can be accomplished by the average 10 year old. Be that as it may I gave you an answer to your question. I guess you have the corner on humor around here and no one else can make silly comments.
Last edited by Gary Owsley on June 17th, 2012, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 17th, 2012, 7:59 am #5

I'm with Gary.....so, tell ya what, I too will ignore your posts.
Shane

Just enough knowledge to be dangerous, but not enough to help anyone.

June 17th, 2012, 5:08 pm #6

I guess my problem is, and it seems I'm not the only one, are your rather silly questions. If you had a question about, say the difference between a M113A1 and a M113A2 or did the IDF use M48A3s in the `67 war, that would be one thing. Your rash of "questions" latey seem to be on subjects that have nothing to do with the content of the thread or tasks that can be accomplished by the average 10 year old. Be that as it may I gave you an answer to your question. I guess you have the corner on humor around here and no one else can make silly comments.
Is the one which wasn't asked. At least,that's what I was taught in the Army. You seem to be wound up really tight, man. You act like you're inconvenienced by the most mundane things. Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to reply. Ah, but, that kind of snarkiness is to be expected when a member of the unwashed masses dares to annoy a denizen of the inner sanctum. Lighten up and loosen the straps on your tanker boots. This is about building models, not defending Western civilization.

June 17th, 2012, 5:28 pm #7

I was planning on responding when I first saw the request; and hurried upstairs to check my HobbyBoss kit. Surely the model dimensions are in the instructions? Nope. Okay, printed somewhere on the box itself? Nope again, unless it's in Chinese. I was dumbfounded, and left the post alone hoping someone would reply with the dimensions. Clearly, they aren't published with the kit like most other models I've ever built/collected over the years. To get it right, someone has to build it up and put a tape to it. In this particular case, it's not a stupid question because the information isn't provided. I suppose one could do it the hard way by finding the official DoD 1:1 scale dimensions and doing the math, but the point of a place like this is the hope that somebody has the answer near to hand.

edit: corrected misspelling
Last edited by Greg Buechler on June 17th, 2012, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 17th, 2012, 9:07 pm #8

Google it and get the answer in about 10 seconds like I did. As to Joe, maybe you need to reread what I posted, I never said his question was stupid. As to things taught in the Army, in 23 years of it I found it not to be the end all be all of wisdom.
Last edited by Gary Owsley on June 17th, 2012, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 17th, 2012, 10:13 pm #9

No need to reread, Gary. I wrote "silly" and "stupid" separated by a slash, indicating alternate phrasing of that adage. As for Army-derived wisdom, there are some things, like that particular saying, that stand up to close scrutiny over time. You come across as a grumpy curmudgeon. In the time that it took you to post that Google link, you could've just as easily given Owen the information (if you had it available); or, ignore it. Instead, you decided to be difficult and smarmy. And, you're not particularly good at it, either.

June 17th, 2012, 10:51 pm #10

Remenber your own sage advice the next time you post one of your kid's builds and then you have a meltdown because no one commented on it with in 10 seconds of you posting it. Do you ever have anything to contribute of substance? Seems the only time you post is to try to get in a pissing match with some one, which I don't think you to be much good at. You got any problems with me, feel free to use my e-mail, it's posted. So instead of boring every one on here, feel free to contact me off forum and I'll share with you what I think you come across as.