N°7

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

N°7

September 27th, 2011, 12:47 pm #1

Hi Friends,
Second diorama in less than a week -that's the beauty of working on two different things at the same time.
I must say I rushed it a bit for SMC in Eindhoven on Sunday, it probably lacks two days of work to be really like I wanted it to be, but still it looks okay,
Thanks for viewing

www.jbadiorama.com

September 27th, 2011, 1:27 pm #2

I appreciate your courage to depict the unglamourous andall-too-real aspect of war when I've seen others take you to task over this in the past; also, I think the composition/layout of your vignette is superb. But the first thing in your vignette which draws my attention and even detracts from the carnage is the missing hull plate on the T-26: I have to wonder how it was blown off the tank so violently while there's not a lot of damage to the rest of the vehicle. And how did it get blown off without the run of track, at least, isn't broken? And where is it now? With apologies for bringing it up, this is a major lapse in logic which really prevents me from fully admiring all the other hard work you put into this project.

Let me reiterate, though, I think the way you've composed the scene here is superb.

DG

September 27th, 2011, 1:31 pm #3

Hi Friends,
Second diorama in less than a week -that's the beauty of working on two different things at the same time.
I must say I rushed it a bit for SMC in Eindhoven on Sunday, it probably lacks two days of work to be really like I wanted it to be, but still it looks okay,
Thanks for viewing

www.jbadiorama.com
Hello Jean-Bernard.

As always it is superb, there is much emotion which is released from your work

Best regards.
Patrice

September 27th, 2011, 1:36 pm #4

I appreciate your courage to depict the unglamourous andall-too-real aspect of war when I've seen others take you to task over this in the past; also, I think the composition/layout of your vignette is superb. But the first thing in your vignette which draws my attention and even detracts from the carnage is the missing hull plate on the T-26: I have to wonder how it was blown off the tank so violently while there's not a lot of damage to the rest of the vehicle. And how did it get blown off without the run of track, at least, isn't broken? And where is it now? With apologies for bringing it up, this is a major lapse in logic which really prevents me from fully admiring all the other hard work you put into this project.

Let me reiterate, though, I think the way you've composed the scene here is superb.

DG
Thanks Darren,
I have to be honest I was waiting for that one.
In fact I have been finding two different pictures of T-26 blown up this way while I was searching for ref, and I can post them here, what stroke me is that that plate is nowhere to be seen nearby. I thought actually that such an explosion would also have broken the tracks, but no.
So i decided it could have flown away beyond the place where the two wheels lay! But I agree that if my dioramas have a major failure, this is indeed often major lapses in logic:
-just found back the pictures. Two of the pictures are of the same tank.
Thanks for your great feedback!

www.jbadiorama.com

September 27th, 2011, 2:16 pm #5

Hi Friends,
Thanks for viewing

www.jbadiorama.com
Hello Jean-Bernard,

Once again I am struck by the pure "artistry" of your piece. While your theme is dark, the piece sparkles with vivid colors and light. A person can read a lot into this scene....for instance the birds. What does their flight symbolize? Life within death/destruction...or perhaps the spirits of the crew soaring to a new place?

Very striking.

Best,
Rick

<a href="http://migproductions-usa.com/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

<a href="http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

Last edited by RickLawler on September 27th, 2011, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 27th, 2011, 2:22 pm #6

Hi Friends,
Thanks for viewing

www.jbadiorama.com
I like the contrast of the Cranes taking off against the KO'ed T-26. I also like how the band of light illuminates the right side of the diorama and the left side is in shadow.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

September 27th, 2011, 4:12 pm #7

Hi Friends,
Thanks for viewing

www.jbadiorama.com
Despite it's very dark nature I think this may be my favorite of all your piece. The birds flying past match up perfectly with the death and destruction just behind.

matt

September 27th, 2011, 4:16 pm #8

Hi Friends,
Thanks for viewing

www.jbadiorama.com
Love the cranes and even photographing against the stark grey background conveys a sense of desolation - well done!

September 27th, 2011, 4:21 pm #9

Hello Jean-Bernard,

Once again I am struck by the pure "artistry" of your piece. While your theme is dark, the piece sparkles with vivid colors and light. A person can read a lot into this scene....for instance the birds. What does their flight symbolize? Life within death/destruction...or perhaps the spirits of the crew soaring to a new place?

Very striking.

Best,
Rick

<a href="http://migproductions-usa.com/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

<a href="http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

I have always admired the boldness in Jean-Bernard's work and I suppose like most other media is open to some level of individual interpretation. The birds struck me as well... However for me it is more of a juxtaposition and much like the feelings I get during times I have attended a funeral service during normal work day hours and have to return to work soon afterwards. It is after the service, during the time I am returning to work that I get the strongest emotion regarding the situation. I think it is because something tragic has just happened yet the world at large simply grinds on, not even stopping to take notice, never missing a step... this it makes the tragedy seem small and insignificant which can be very sad when it involved someone you cared about.

Same in this dio. This group of men have just experience great horror, but for the birds?... Nothing has changed.

September 27th, 2011, 4:34 pm #10

Hi Friends,
Thanks for viewing

www.jbadiorama.com
... as always very evocative and the tones of colours exquisite.

I like the idea of the two storks, always a symbol of new life amidst the carnage and death of the flower of Mother Russia's sons ...

BARVO and damn fast you are ...

Ivan

http://icdesign.webs.com/