My Soviet Vehicles of WWII galleries: an early T-60 and two new galleries.

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

My Soviet Vehicles of WWII galleries: an early T-60 and two new galleries.

July 11th, 2012, 7:36 pm #1

Hi all.

A couple of updates in my Soviet Vehicles of WWII galleries.

Check them out at: rathgeb.smugmug.com

One of them is an early T-60 (spoked wheels):

Then, first pic in the new gallery "Artillery (Soviet photos)". While the photos in the present "Artillery" gallery are german pics of destroyed and captured vehicles, I will post here Soviet Propaganda or Press photos. A couple more are on their way to me. Here a propaganda photo on postcard of two camouflaged T-20 Komsomolets armoured tractors used as light armoured carriers.

The second new gallery is "Artillery (Self Propelled)". The first photo is a pic of a destroyed SU-122 self propelled howitzer. Not very sharp, but my first one. A second (much better) photo of a SU-122 is on the way to me.

Cheers,
Peter

July 12th, 2012, 3:17 am #2

The SU-122 is a rare beast. Very interesting.

July 12th, 2012, 3:52 pm #3

n/t

July 13th, 2012, 12:14 am #4

I really like the stuff you post. And - for some reason I don't understand - photos of SU-122s are very scarce.

Yours,
James D. Gray

July 13th, 2012, 5:41 am #5

Right, James... I have bought one more SU-122 photo which I should soon receive.

Cheers,
Peter

July 14th, 2012, 3:45 pm #6

Hi all.

A couple of updates in my Soviet Vehicles of WWII galleries.

Check them out at: rathgeb.smugmug.com

One of them is an early T-60 (spoked wheels):

Then, first pic in the new gallery "Artillery (Soviet photos)". While the photos in the present "Artillery" gallery are german pics of destroyed and captured vehicles, I will post here Soviet Propaganda or Press photos. A couple more are on their way to me. Here a propaganda photo on postcard of two camouflaged T-20 Komsomolets armoured tractors used as light armoured carriers.

The second new gallery is "Artillery (Self Propelled)". The first photo is a pic of a destroyed SU-122 self propelled howitzer. Not very sharp, but my first one. A second (much better) photo of a SU-122 is on the way to me.

Cheers,
Peter
Hi
It's not "early" T-60. It's 1942 production tank of Factory #264 (Krasnoarmeisk, suburb of Stalingrad).

July 15th, 2012, 12:27 am #7

I added the correction to the photo in my gallery at:
rathgeb.smugmug.com

Cheers,
Peter