My Optivisor...

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

My Optivisor...

September 1st, 2016, 5:36 pm #1

After a leave of absence from modelling for more than thirty years have I returned , and I having so much fun...
But some things have changed. The kits are so much better than I remember.
Over the years have I got myself a small "stash". My limit is twenty if I want to add one must one go...
At the moment is my stash composed of about a dozen Dragon Panthers mostly G but also a few A types. But trying to assemble Masterclub tracks with those small resin pins was impossible. So I got myself an Optivisor with a 2,5 magnification. I love my Optivisor it is the best tool I have ever bought and working on those tracks now is a breeze....
I find it the invaluable when I work on a plastic kit at least for me.

September 5th, 2016, 2:40 pm #2

For most of us "advancing" in age😳. I'm beginning to look for a little higher magnification lenses for mine, just to keep things clear. Happy to see that it helps.

Brian

September 7th, 2016, 10:40 pm #3

It does help a lot, and it is not that expensive either. So it is something that use all the time when I spend some quality time with a plastic kit...

February 16th, 2017, 10:56 pm #4

After a leave of absence from modelling for more than thirty years have I returned , and I having so much fun...
But some things have changed. The kits are so much better than I remember.
Over the years have I got myself a small "stash". My limit is twenty if I want to add one must one go...
At the moment is my stash composed of about a dozen Dragon Panthers mostly G but also a few A types. But trying to assemble Masterclub tracks with those small resin pins was impossible. So I got myself an Optivisor with a 2,5 magnification. I love my Optivisor it is the best tool I have ever bought and working on those tracks now is a breeze....
I find it the invaluable when I work on a plastic kit at least for me.
Go to micromark tools and look up item #86416. I got the 4x magnifiers to wear with my bifocals. Cost a lot less than the optivsor.