My new TANK PLANT Book

A bulletin board for vendors to make product announcements and offer items for sale.

My new TANK PLANT Book

April 10th, 2010, 12:41 am #1

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANOTHER TANK BOOK LIKE TANK PLANT. IT TAKES YOU INSIDE A WORLD WAR TWO AMERICAN FOUNDRY AND SHOWS THE READER THE PROCESSES INVOLVED IN CREATING THE CAST HULLS AND TURRETS THAT EQUIPPED SHERMAN, LEE, GRANT AND PERSHING TANKS DURING WORLD WAR TWO. THE AUTHOR HAS CREATED THREE DIMENSIONAL MODELS, THE PHOTOS OF WHICH, IN COLOR, TAKE THE READER STEP BY STEP FROM PATTERNMAKING THROUGH TO FINISHING OF THE CASTINGS. IN ADDITION, THE AUTHOR, WHO WROTE THE FIRST PUBLISHED BIOGRAPHY OF MICHAEL WITTMANN, INTRODUCES INTERESTING ASPECTS OF HOW GERMAN TIGER COMMANDERS APPROACHED COMBATING THE CAST HULL AND TURRET OF THE SHERMAN. IT'S A BOOK BOTH THE WORLD WAR TWO HISTORY BUFF AND THE SERIOUS ARMOUR MODELLER WILL ENJOY! HARDBOUND, 8 1/2 x 11 INCHES,130 PAGES TOTAL, TWELVE COLOR PAGES, ENAMEL PAGES BEAUTIFULLY BOUND. BOOK WEIGHS ONE POUND ELEVEN OUNCES. THIS BOOK WAS AWARDED A CERTIFICATE OF MERIT BY THE STATE OF ILLINOIS STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY. I'LL BE AT AMPS. SINCERELY GREGORY JONES
Last edited by bwoll on April 10th, 2010, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 10th, 2010, 4:08 am #2

No need to shout, try retyping with the caps lock off and people might read.

FYI, typing all CAPS is considered shouting in e-mail/forum protocol

April 10th, 2010, 3:07 pm #3

try an eyeglass prescription. If that doesn't fit your image,try a larger point font for your comms.
Sounds like a nice book. Got a pic of the cover?Publisher? Price?
Rick

At least the war on the environment is going well....
-bumper sticker

April 11th, 2010, 10:34 pm #4

after going through 30+ years of crumbling, smelly foundry periodicals I am lucky to have any eyesight left! Greg

April 12th, 2010, 12:44 pm #5

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANOTHER TANK BOOK LIKE TANK PLANT. IT TAKES YOU INSIDE A WORLD WAR TWO AMERICAN FOUNDRY AND SHOWS THE READER THE PROCESSES INVOLVED IN CREATING THE CAST HULLS AND TURRETS THAT EQUIPPED SHERMAN, LEE, GRANT AND PERSHING TANKS DURING WORLD WAR TWO. THE AUTHOR HAS CREATED THREE DIMENSIONAL MODELS, THE PHOTOS OF WHICH, IN COLOR, TAKE THE READER STEP BY STEP FROM PATTERNMAKING THROUGH TO FINISHING OF THE CASTINGS. IN ADDITION, THE AUTHOR, WHO WROTE THE FIRST PUBLISHED BIOGRAPHY OF MICHAEL WITTMANN, INTRODUCES INTERESTING ASPECTS OF HOW GERMAN TIGER COMMANDERS APPROACHED COMBATING THE CAST HULL AND TURRET OF THE SHERMAN. IT'S A BOOK BOTH THE WORLD WAR TWO HISTORY BUFF AND THE SERIOUS ARMOUR MODELLER WILL ENJOY! HARDBOUND, 8 1/2 x 11 INCHES,130 PAGES TOTAL, TWELVE COLOR PAGES, ENAMEL PAGES BEAUTIFULLY BOUND. BOOK WEIGHS ONE POUND ELEVEN OUNCES. THIS BOOK WAS AWARDED A CERTIFICATE OF MERIT BY THE STATE OF ILLINOIS STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY. I'LL BE AT AMPS. SINCERELY GREGORY JONES
Greg,

Sounds interesting. As a Sherman affectionado I would like to get one.

I can't make AMPS - do you have a site? Is there any other source? What is your price?

Thanks