My Marder Mania complete

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

My Marder Mania complete

January 21st, 2009, 5:14 am #1

"TOWARD THE WINTER FRONT"

Here's my finish inspired by the, "German Winter Warfare Manual." The tree dragged to help avoid air identification of tracks. Whitewash buckets with brushes for camo. Heated stones for use similar to hot water bottles. = 2 cold Germans.

Thanks for looking!

January 21st, 2009, 8:54 am #2

I feel cool whe I see your dio, a really creative camo and nice composition my friend.

Congrats.

January 21st, 2009, 9:30 am #3

Here's my finish inspired by the, "German Winter Warfare Manual." The tree dragged to help avoid air identification of tracks. Whitewash buckets with brushes for camo. Heated stones for use similar to hot water bottles. = 2 cold Germans.

Thanks for looking!

That's a very interesting application of winter wash.Very nice.
All the best mate, Paul.

January 21st, 2009, 11:51 am #4

Thanks for looking!

These german soldiers have a lot of work before their marder becomes invisible on the snow!
Good job Greg!
Arnaud.

January 21st, 2009, 12:29 pm #5

Thanks for looking!

Greg,

good job. You crossed the finish line. I like your use of the figures. It reminds me of Chicago right now.

Well done.

Phil

January 21st, 2009, 3:02 pm #6

Thanks for looking!

Hi Greg , well done on reaching the finish line Great build and scene which conveys lots of atmosphere - Brrrrrrrrrrr

Best

Paul

January 21st, 2009, 6:07 pm #7

Thanks for looking!

My hat is off for your bravery, to tackle that particular type of white wash, it does look "field applied" by cold guys! ~grin~

I like the feel of your dio, and the tarp came off pretty good too, IMHO. I like the little window for the gunsight, a good realistic touch.

Another great Marder Mania victory here Greg.

Too much of a good thing is never too much...

Cheers Mate, Pat

January 21st, 2009, 8:10 pm #8

Thanks for looking!

Great scene idea. I agree with Pat, making field applications look "right" is tough...congrats on portraying the idea convincingly.

Rick

http://ricklawler.blogspot.com/

January 21st, 2009, 9:52 pm #9

Thanks for looking!

Keep it up my friend
Sven

January 22nd, 2009, 1:57 am #10

I just ordered the MIG 2nd DVD so I can improve my tanks, and the book "Frozen Hell" as I would like to try some more snow scenes in the future - I guess a Marder Mania graduation gift to myself

Chao amigos!