My first in 1/48 scale - Tamiya Hetzer

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

My first in 1/48 scale - Tamiya Hetzer

November 25th, 2010, 1:35 pm #1

Hi everyone,
First of all, I would like to express my appreciation for all of you and for the wonderful things I discovered here.
I'm new to this section of missing-lynks, as until recently I have build only 1/72 stuff posted exclusively on the Braille scale forum. Anyway, this is my first attempt in 1/48 scale, and what kit would have been easier to build than Tamiya's Hetzer? The PE set came from Lion Roar. I have in plan a late autumn vignette for the little Hetzer, together with some three or four PzGrenadiers, also from Tamiya.
Thanks and I hope you like it,
Florin

florinjenica.blogspot.com

November 25th, 2010, 1:43 pm #2

G'day Florin
Your Turtle looks great, now for some color!
Don't keep us waiting to long.
Regards.
Alan

November 25th, 2010, 3:43 pm #3

Hi everyone,
First of all, I would like to express my appreciation for all of you and for the wonderful things I discovered here.
I'm new to this section of missing-lynks, as until recently I have build only 1/72 stuff posted exclusively on the Braille scale forum. Anyway, this is my first attempt in 1/48 scale, and what kit would have been easier to build than Tamiya's Hetzer? The PE set came from Lion Roar. I have in plan a late autumn vignette for the little Hetzer, together with some three or four PzGrenadiers, also from Tamiya.
Florin

Very clean build - you may want to check the position of the ventilated box on the rear fender though - seems to be sitting on its side.

Best,

Konrad

November 26th, 2010, 2:22 pm #4

Hi everyone,
Florin

Hi Florin!

I'm waiting for your Hetzer since you wrote to my blog.
Good job,keep posting!

http://hickorymodel.blogspot.com/

November 26th, 2010, 6:29 pm #5

G'day Florin
Your Turtle looks great, now for some color!
Don't keep us waiting to long.
Regards.
Alan
Thanks Alan, I hope to start painting and post more photos soon.
Cheers,
Florin

November 26th, 2010, 6:32 pm #6

Very clean build - you may want to check the position of the ventilated box on the rear fender though - seems to be sitting on its side.

Best,

Konrad
Thanks Konrad. You're right about the box, problem solved.
Florin

November 26th, 2010, 6:43 pm #7

Hi Florin!

I'm waiting for your Hetzer since you wrote to my blog.
Good job,keep posting!

http://hickorymodel.blogspot.com/
Istvan, my friend, I'm glad you like it. You did a great job with your Cromwell also, can't wait to see more of your progress.
Florin

November 27th, 2010, 4:37 pm #8

Hi everyone,
Florin

Nice and clean built!

November 28th, 2010, 7:42 pm #9

Hi everyone,
Florin

and I expect that's not your last. great work, clean build. thanks for sharing.

Congrats

Domin

November 28th, 2010, 8:02 pm #10

Nice and clean built!