MRAPage

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

MRAPage

April 29th, 2012, 3:27 am #1

RG-33 Afghanistan:

April 29th, 2012, 5:43 am #2

Thanks for these pic's, they are really excellent!!
Now, let's hope some one see's fit to release these in 35th!!
Shane

Just enough knowledge to be dangerous, but not enough to help anyone.

April 29th, 2012, 7:54 pm #3

You got the magic school bus! Cool, how did you like it? I never saw one of them in use outside of BAF. When I was in Ghazni, it was only Cougars, RG-31's with RCP, PRT, and ADT, and a handful of MaxxPros. The Pole's started getting MaxxPro's and M-ATV's just as we were leaving. You wouldn't catch me dead in an M-ATV on Ring Road down there though...

I dig the CAV MP logo too, ours was a bit different than that, but I really dig that one.

Was the ADT still using RG-31's? I'm curious what ever happened to my old truck.

April 30th, 2012, 2:51 am #4

I am glad that y'all have enjoyed these.

Steve, I hope that you are doing well. We had the RG-31 and -33's, which most likely included your old vehicle. We had a mess of M-ATV's as well.

I liked the RG-33 quite a bit. I was always impressed with how good our drivers were, especially if the vehicles had mine rollers attached. You remember how heavy that Ghazni traffic could be...and how tight some of those area's were.

Respectfully,

Allen

April 30th, 2012, 5:31 pm #5

RG-33 Afghanistan:

Regards.

Patrick Keenan
Editor - WarWheels.Net
http://www.warwheels.net
Patrick Keenan
Editor- Warwheels.net

www.warwheels.net