Miniart GAZ w/ Bofors

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Miniart GAZ w/ Bofors

April 30th, 2012, 6:30 pm #1

Yeah, I know the gun is way too big. Photos online show the truck with the 25mm but no one makes it.

I scratch built some 'jury rigged' outriggers to try and keep it from flipping on it's side but whatever, either way it was an extremely fun project. The Miniart kit is very detailed and fairly finicky build, excellent model in the end however, I will get another.

This was my entry at Auburn this year, (minus two of the figures) wasn't completely satisfied as this was a little rushed for me, I actually worked on it in the hotel room on and off for a few days before the show. It was a really great show with a ton of great people. Some I knew, some I met for the first time, all made the trip that much more fun. What a blast. Pictures are a little crap but I'm still trying to recover.

Anyways, feel free to comment, good bad or indifferent.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

http://armorfarm.blogspot.com/

April 30th, 2012, 7:04 pm #2

Model and whole scene is perfect.. Hat off..

Özgür.

PanzerMania.com

April 30th, 2012, 7:20 pm #3

Yeah, I know the gun is way too big. Photos online show the truck with the 25mm but no one makes it.

I scratch built some 'jury rigged' outriggers to try and keep it from flipping on it's side but whatever, either way it was an extremely fun project. The Miniart kit is very detailed and fairly finicky build, excellent model in the end however, I will get another.

This was my entry at Auburn this year, (minus two of the figures) wasn't completely satisfied as this was a little rushed for me, I actually worked on it in the hotel room on and off for a few days before the show. It was a really great show with a ton of great people. Some I knew, some I met for the first time, all made the trip that much more fun. What a blast. Pictures are a little crap but I'm still trying to recover.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Beautiful work!!! You captured the shattered windshield and side window perfectly - looks like the real thing. Do you know if the Soviets used safety glass in their vehicles?

April 30th, 2012, 9:04 pm #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

How did you do the windows?

April 30th, 2012, 9:26 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Howdy Ken, that worn finish is very nice. I found your blogspot and will give the technique a shot. Great putting a mug with a name this weekend past too.
Outta here, Mike sends . . .

April 30th, 2012, 9:56 pm #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Well done Ken....

http://battletankpower.blogspot.com/

April 30th, 2012, 11:03 pm #7

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Superbly done model, the paint and weathering job is awesome, beautiful photography too.

Best regards
Krzysztof

May 1st, 2012, 12:17 am #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

And there's nothing with the model. So simple and so different. The shattered glass, the open hood and that lovely muddy look.
Top class model Ken.
Regard's, Dave.

May 1st, 2012, 1:05 am #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Whoa that is good bro----and like nothing I've seen from you.
OK--I like how you focus on Allied builds and I really like your take on them---
This one however, I think shows an artistry and depth of finish beyond your others--
the groundwork is GREAT , the scene is balanced and tidy, the figures are good
but the GAZ truck is astounding! The wood and whitewashed camo are fantastic---stunning paint effects throughout man----just so well done

AK

May 1st, 2012, 1:17 am #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

INCREDIBLE