Miniarm T-90 vs Zvezda T-90?

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

Miniarm T-90 vs Zvezda T-90?

June 9th, 2012, 2:47 am #1

I realize the Zvezda and Miniarm kits build is to slightly different versions of the T-90. However if I merely want to build any version of the T-90, is the Zezda offering good enough that I should not pursue the effort and expense of the Miniarm parts? Should I get any of the Miniarm parts to supplement the Zvezda kit?

Cheers,

John
Last edited by JohnHeck on June 9th, 2012, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 9th, 2012, 10:43 am #2

IIRC the Miniarm conversion sets are for the Tamiya T-72 and the Zvesda T-90. The Zvesda T-90 looks not bad OOTB, but it has a noticeable issue with the heigth due to odd placement of the torsion bars. Correcting this throws the link `n lenght tracks out of whack, so you`d need an aftermarket track set. There`s a few other issues with it, so search the forums both here and on armorama to get a sense of what it is like. Miniarm does have the edge in quality and detail, but it`s not the ultimate T-90 and will cost you upwards of $200 in total.

just my two censt

History is Cynical