Mig streaking and cracking paint

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Mig streaking and cracking paint

December 19th, 2016, 3:51 pm #1

Today I was using Mig Streaking enamel on my KV-1. This is only the second time I used this stuff. Mig's video tells you to moisten the area on the model with enamel thinner and then you streak ion the paint, then blend it in with a brush wet with thinner. Well, in some areas this made fine cracks in the paint on the model. The thinner was a bit harsh for it I think. Its not a project killer as I still have some dried mud and dust to go on that will cover these fine cracks.

So about half-way through I switch to using Turpenoid and it worked just as well as thinner and didn't harm the paint on the tank. So I recommend using Turpenoid for streaking. I also use it for oil washes too.