Metric Murphy's rule?

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Metric Murphy's rule?

Bob Potter
Bob Potter

February 17th, 2003, 10:15 pm #1

More than a dozen years ago, I bought a couple of steel scale rules, in 1/32, 1/35, 1/48, and 1/72. There really were called Murphy's rules. It occurred to me last evening as I was cutting floor joist for an Italian farmhouse that I ought to be using scale meters not scale feet. My Murphy rules are all English not metric.

My question? Does anybody make scale metric rules?

Bob

Tom Herling
Tom Herling

February 18th, 2003, 2:13 am #2

I believe the folks at thescalecard.com offer some rulers in metric.

Tom

Bob Potter
Bob Potter

February 18th, 2003, 9:16 pm #3

I was hoping for a ruler rather than a card. I have some of the Scalecards; they really are wizard. But for measuring I'd rather not have to move every meter or so.

Thanks again.

bob

Jakko Westerbeke
Jakko Westerbeke

February 19th, 2003, 11:25 am #4

Shouldn't be too hard: cut a strip of card (or plastic) and mark out scale meters on it. Just make a mark every 2.85 cm (or every 1.12 inches) and you have 1:35th scale meters.

Bob Potter
Bob Potter

February 19th, 2003, 10:20 pm #5

I really had not thought of that. I guess I was hoping to find one in metal so I would not have to worry about cutting it up by mistake.

Bob

Jakko Westerbeke
Jakko Westerbeke

February 20th, 2003, 11:11 am #6

Even a metal one shouldn't be overly difficult to make, I should think. If you have a steel ruler that's only printed on one side, you could scratch lines into the other side, for example.