MENG Merkava 3D

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

MENG Merkava 3D

August 7th, 2012, 2:39 pm #1

Hello Everyone,

Here are some pictures of my build of the New Meng Merkava 3D. A superb kit but I took it a little bit further with extra details and refinements.
We were so pleased with the kit that we have just produced a special guide to modelling the kit complete with a 40 page walkaround section.

regards David
AFV Modeller www.afvmodeller.com

August 7th, 2012, 3:08 pm #2

David,
I have been following your progress on IDF Modelling and am pleased to see that you have model completed. I have used your WIP pics as references for the Meng Merkava Mk 3D that I am working on for an AMPS review. I want to be able to replicate your weathering as I like the dusty but not dirty look. Where did the figure come from? It gives the model some life and I really like hat the figure has the cap verses a helmet. Again, outstanding work.

John

John Charvat
President, Armor Modeling & Preservation Society

August 7th, 2012, 3:25 pm #3

Hello Everyone,

Here are some pictures of my build of the New Meng Merkava 3D. A superb kit but I took it a little bit further with extra details and refinements.
We were so pleased with the kit that we have just produced a special guide to modelling the kit complete with a 40 page walkaround section.

regards David

In the same that you used the figure with the m51,that chap sets off the merk 3 very nicly,what make is he?Zack
Last edited by 999555222 on August 7th, 2012, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 7th, 2012, 3:31 pm #4

David,
I have been following your progress on IDF Modelling and am pleased to see that you have model completed. I have used your WIP pics as references for the Meng Merkava Mk 3D that I am working on for an AMPS review. I want to be able to replicate your weathering as I like the dusty but not dirty look. Where did the figure come from? It gives the model some life and I really like hat the figure has the cap verses a helmet. Again, outstanding work.

John
Hi John,
Thanks for your kind words - the figure is from the Tank range - orginally a Russian WWII crewman!

regards David

August 7th, 2012, 3:33 pm #5

In the same that you used the figure with the m51,that chap sets off the merk 3 very nicly,what make is he?Zack
Cheers Zack - see my reply above - he's from the Tank range - a superb and very overlooked figure I think!

regards David

August 7th, 2012, 4:09 pm #6

Hello Everyone,

regards David

congrats! excellent merkava

August 7th, 2012, 4:41 pm #7

Cheers Zack - see my reply above - he's from the Tank range - a superb and very overlooked figure I think!

regards David
smart conversion
Last edited by 999555222 on August 7th, 2012, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 7th, 2012, 5:18 pm #8

Hello Everyone,

regards David

HI David

yet again you have taken the hobby to a higher level .
i have always liked your work and the way you have development over the years , from the Cromwell Hetzer to the now and we all have our favourites of your work but what can we say , the Sherman was top notch but this out does everything.
even the tiger tank is a labour of love .

What i like about your models that you have achieved the real look of a tank. being lucky to work on tanks every day and i like the way the dust is represented on the side plate on the top plate of the hull armour . well done

yet again a fantastic unbelievable model.
Ossie

August 7th, 2012, 5:20 pm #9

Hello Everyone,

regards David

What a great finish David, makes me want to build one. The figure is a great touch too.
Regard's, Dave.

August 7th, 2012, 6:44 pm #10

Hello Everyone,

regards David

Excellent work, David! The tank's a treat and the figure is wonderful as well!

Cheers, Tracy