Material for Jungle in Vietnam

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Material for Jungle in Vietnam

January 17th, 2003, 5:57 pm #1

Hi, is anybody can give me any direction of how to make a jungle in Vietnam? what material should I use? Thanks a lot!

keith forsyth
keith forsyth

January 18th, 2003, 9:25 am #2

take a look at your local pet store, look around the fish tanks etc at all the plastic plants they use, most are ideal for jungle scenery add to them your usual mix of herbs and spices and you will have something close to jungle

HTH

Keith forsyth

January 20th, 2003, 2:27 pm #3

I can give it a try!

Jay Pare
Jay Pare

January 29th, 2003, 3:00 am #4

Hi, is anybody can give me any direction of how to make a jungle in Vietnam? what material should I use? Thanks a lot!
Hi,
I use dried plants alot. Springerii looks just like elephant grass in scale. Dark green shades of Eucalyptus look good to. The coolest thing about them is they're real! They break and burn just like the real thing and you don't have to paint them if you don't want to. Preiser makes decent palm trees(alot cheaper than the resin stuff).
BTW A lesson I've learned when making jungle foliage. Start with the low stuff and work higher,ie Grass,bushes, trees. Sphagnum moss,airbrushed green, is a good first layer for jungle terrain.
HTH
Jay