Marmon Herrington Mk2

The first topic for Missing-Lynx new Group Build Forum is British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII, hosted by Nick Cortese. This topic will run until February 2010, so you will have plenty of time to finish your Allied vehicles.

Marmon Herrington Mk2

March 14th, 2010, 8:38 am #1

This is IMA's resin 1/35 kit that I started a while ago and decided to get back on the bench. From the basic shell this is now the result of a days work. And , yes, there is more detailling and weathering to do but only after I've studied a few more pictures. It looks like these armoured cars had a hard life with their owners. Most pictures show them well hung with kit and generally bashed about.
The kit isn't bad and comes together quickly. There's lots of scope for fun modifications and I think this is a vehicle worthy of more interest. Hope you like it so far! Thanks Leigh.

March 16th, 2010, 1:08 am #2

.....i love these Marmon Herrington armoured cars.
I like your cammo,i will take note of it,
it looks well.
Great build.
regards andrew

March 16th, 2010, 7:55 pm #3

This is IMA's resin 1/35 kit that I started a while ago and decided to get back on the bench. From the basic shell this is now the result of a days work. And , yes, there is more detailling and weathering to do but only after I've studied a few more pictures. It looks like these armoured cars had a hard life with their owners. Most pictures show them well hung with kit and generally bashed about.
The kit isn't bad and comes together quickly. There's lots of scope for fun modifications and I think this is a vehicle worthy of more interest. Hope you like it so far! Thanks Leigh.

n/t

Regards.

Patrick Keenan
Editor - WarWheels.Net
http://www.warwheels.net
Patrick Keenan
Editor- Warwheels.net

www.warwheels.net

March 18th, 2010, 1:48 pm #4

very very nice
regards

March 18th, 2010, 6:00 pm #5

for not painting it with that ghastly blue colour you see some modellers paint them. It never existed, this scheme look much more realistic and possible. Great model.

Regards

William

March 30th, 2010, 7:29 pm #6

one more of this cool abstract English vehicles. Lovely thing.

cheers Erik

11a

April 10th, 2010, 8:45 am #7

.....i love these Marmon Herrington armoured cars.
I like your cammo,i will take note of it,
it looks well.
Great build.
regards andrew
Nice job, I would agree it needs more kit hanging off it.

Excellent stuff.

Al